Forums
Posted By: Pinkyroo Car tax - 21st Feb 2013 11:26pm
Help please. Any advice appreciated guys. I recently passed my test bought a car it has a disabled tax disc on it that runs out this month can I renew it at the post office or do I have to go the dvla office?
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car tax - 21st Feb 2013 11:54pm
you need to go to chester dvla

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/localoffices/findnear/england/chester_local_office.aspx
Posted By: Salmon Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 6:58am
Can't this be done on line as long as you have the registration doc? Is it different because of the disabled tax disc?

http://www.directline.com/motor/renew-tax-online.htm
Posted By: TheDr Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 7:08am
To change it FROM Disabled Taxation class back to PLG you need to go to a DVLA Office (Chester or Manchester closest, always found Manchester to be quicker).

To change from PLG TO Disabled Taxation can now be done at a Post Office.

You'll need your log book, insurance, MoT if needed and the money for the Tax.
Posted By: saltytom Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 7:19am
Had to go to Chester last month take a flask and a good book, it was also freezing.
Do not be afraid to ask for help with any paperwork if you get to the desk and it is wrong you go to the back of the queue.
The staff are very helpful
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 7:26am
Oh no. Will somebody else be able to do it for me or have I gotta be there do you no? My mum is willing to go for me as I'm gonna need a day off work. This is a nightmare!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 8:12am
All i did to change mine from disabled tax, was just went to post office with insurance and docs and mot, and bought tax,
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 8:42am
Really? Did you have to fill a v10 form in? The dvla have sent me this?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 8:50am
i just went to counter and showed docs handed my money over and bought tax disc
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 10:15am
If you go to chester you will need £3 in change for the car park, the last few times i went there it was quite quick but sometimes there are a lot of people there and it can get busy so waiting times are sometimes over an hour.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car tax - 22nd Feb 2013 11:43am
I recently went to Chester to change taxation from disabled to plg and from going in and coming out with current tax in hand 11 minutes luckily I already had forms filled in before I got there
Posted By: Duxdeluxe Re: Car tax - 23rd Feb 2013 3:12pm
Chester can be quick or slow depending on what time of the month you go, dont go at the begining or the end of the month if you can help it, nearest car park is now £4 ! Was there the middle of Jan in and out in just over 10 mins
© Wirral-Wikiwirral