Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 4:32am
With all the hoo-ha going on with horsemeat in a lot of processed food, which are the best butchers on Wirral?

Posted By: toffeehater Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 7:33am
Sheridans, Church Road, Tranmere. thumbsup
Posted By: johnny Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 7:42am
Adams ox ton village and brave heart Wallasey village
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 8:23am
Guest's on Seaview Road, Wallasey is very good and friendly service. There's also a good one on Seabank Road that slips my mind.
Posted By: granny Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 10:00am
H. Jones, Pensby.

I also believe there is an excellent one in Bebington.
Posted By: catlover Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 10:08am
www.merseyhorse.com/
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 12:03pm
Cairns Butcher's in Oxton Village....been going there for past 20+ years.
Highly Recommend.
x
Posted By: suey30 Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 1:03pm
Sheridan's church rd Tranmere,been going there from when he opened.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 1:27pm
Originally Posted by suey30
Sheridan's church rd Tranmere,been going there from when he opened.

In that case you would know that he has moved????
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 11:07pm
Wheildon's Higher Beb
Posted By: suey30 Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 11:39pm
Yes he's moved by dial rd.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Butchers - 12th Feb 2013 11:49pm
The butchers in cherry tree centre by doors of wilkinsons, next to greengrocers, i have been getting mine from him for ages.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Butchers - 13th Feb 2013 12:17am
It's good to know that they are still around and it would seem that judging by the answers have been going strong for many years smile
I believe Muff's in Bromborough is recommended too, they make prize winning sausages I'm told
Posted By: shar215 Re: Butchers - 13th Feb 2013 8:05am
edges new ferry they do organic and rare breed meat bit pricey but well worth it ,griffiths butcher new ferry best pies ,and pearsons butchers new ferry.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Butchers - 13th Feb 2013 10:05am
Originally Posted by BurgerChips
The butchers in cherry tree centre by doors of wilkinsons, next to greengrocers, i have been getting mine from him for ages.

withthat
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Butchers - 13th Feb 2013 8:41pm
Heseltines in Upton Village been trading in same shop for 40 maybe 50 years---not too far from the Horse and Jockey!
Posted By: rocks Re: Butchers - 13th Feb 2013 9:32pm
Originally Posted by shar215
griffiths butcher new ferry best pies ,and pearsons butchers new ferry.

withthat
and pearsons pork pies are legendary
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Butchers - 14th Feb 2013 10:18am
There are a lot of good butchers on the Wirral, the meat is much better than supermarkets.

My personal favourite is Lewis' Butchers in Greasby. Always packed full of people and excellent quality.

They also supply Slimmers World Syn free meats for the diet conscious. Wish I still lived around there, the Black Pud was awesome.

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Butchers - 14th Feb 2013 10:19am
Pearsons in New Ferry is a close second, thats where I go now.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Butchers - 14th Feb 2013 1:38pm
I've been using Russell's of Inverary via the internet on occasions, just so we get proper stuff. There are some smashing introductory deals at times, with free delivery. Will now give some of these local butchers are go instead seeing as how I now know where they are. I did use the butchers in the market before but the aisle shut down. Used the big one in the country hall but considered myself to have been seen off with a turkey 2 Christmases ago and use the little one next door but he has limited stock. Would much rather use local but the ones around me shut down years ago. Russell's quality is insurpassable it has to be said. Have a look on their site, it'll make your mouth water if nothing else.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Butchers - 14th Feb 2013 8:35pm
Nice article about local butchers on Merseyside here.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Butchers - 15th Feb 2013 4:25am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I've been using Russell's of Inverary via the internet on occasions, just so we get proper stuff. There are some smashing introductory deals at times, with free delivery. Will now give some of these local butchers are go instead seeing as how I now know where they are. I did use the butchers in the market before but the aisle shut down. Used the big one in the country hall but considered myself to have been seen off with a turkey 2 Christmases ago and use the little one next door but he has limited stock. Would much rather use local but the ones around me shut down years ago. Russell's quality is insurpassable it has to be said. Have a look on their site, it'll make your mouth water if nothing else.

Just took a look at the website, the prices are a bit steep but I'm sure well worth the money smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Butchers - 15th Feb 2013 2:38pm
I treat us now and again, it should've read Inverury as well. Had some calf liver yesterday, brilliant. Like I said though, take advantage of some of the introductory offers to give them a try. The quality is stupendous but like you said, a bit pricey.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral