Forums
A second query from reading the book 'Broken'. Are there any people in or from the Wirral who can shed some light on this?

There's a special boarding school given more than half a dozen mentions in the book. It's described as a school 'for extra bad girls', named 'Parkside', to which the subject of 'Broken' is sent by Wirral social services in around 1977. The head teacher is given the name 'John Marshall' and he's said to run a second school in the 'county' as well. The description of how the pupils were treated in this school is appalling. We are talking about extreme sexual abuse. But I cannot trace any reports of it. The school and head teacher's names must have been changed, I think. The book says the police failed to prosecute 'John Marshall' but closed down his 'child-victim factory once and for all.'

The header should have said 'mentioned in book'. Sorry for that.
I am surprised that there's no light shed on this school. I'll keep waiting and also perhaps put some questions on other social/enquiry sites.
Don't know if it could be mentioned on this thread https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/268796/all/Schools_now_gone_bye.html

Another one that I heard about was classed as a Youg Ladies Seminary, on the Old Chester Road. That was back in 1860's and that's about all I can add.

Good luck with your search. Cheshire Archives might be able to help you.
Thanks for the link and suggestion about Cheshire Archives, I'll certainly get on to that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral