Forums
Posted By: granny Gynecological Puzzle - 13th Jan 2013 11:46am
Many years ago, I had to attend Arrowe Park Hospital relating to what we then called 'a ladies problem'!!!

On a follow up appointment, prior to going into the Consultants room, I was firstly taken into a nurses office, where upon she checked all my details, as was general proceedure.

Whilst there. she gave me an eye test!!!

This has long been a puzzle to me.......why an eye test?

Just thought some of you may have a few ideas to answer, a long unanswered puzzle.

Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gynecological Puzzle - 13th Jan 2013 12:46pm
Some eye tests can detect high blood pressure. Maybe that was what they were checking ? I would have thought that using the more traditional syphgmometer would have been easier though ??

Any medics here ?

Just my 2d's worth.
Dr. Nick.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Gynecological Puzzle - 13th Jan 2013 1:27pm
Eye test could have been to check for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Ovarian Cysts, or Turner Syndrome according to searches on Google
Posted By: granny Re: Gynecological Puzzle - 13th Jan 2013 7:40pm
Thanks for replies. Maybe looking for short sightedness which you found was attributed sometimes to Turner syndrome Pax....although I didn't have any of those.

It was an alphabet(sight) test not a 'look into my eyes' test. Anyway, I could see the Consultant was pretty fit, I didn't need any specs!!

Pinz you missed the 'man' out of sphygmomanometers ..thanks anyway.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Gynecological Puzzle - 14th Jan 2013 10:46am
Hi Granny. Blurred vision can be linked to Gynae problems so a sight test would show if sight was a bit wonky
Posted By: granny Re: Gynecological Puzzle - 14th Jan 2013 12:11pm
Amazing, very interesting. Thanks so much Pax.... we live and learn everyday.

Hope you are doing ok.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral