Forums
Posted By: granny Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 2:40pm
Hi,
I need a builder of good reputation, to tell me what my problem is.
Can anyone help?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 4:43pm
Have you tried Bob ?
Posted By: Mark Re: Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 5:05pm
You may have to give more details.
Some builders are better at some structural work than others.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 5:06pm
Isn`t Bob Working On Wendys House?
Posted By: granny Re: Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 7:28pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Have you tried Bob ?

No Dilly, because apparently Bob's working on Wendy's house!!

Problem is water!!!!!

One internal wall and small part of one external wall have absorbed water up to about 3ft.
The trouble is finding the cause. It could be any of four possibilities but the insurance want to know and a report written.

I thought they used to do that but obviously not now.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Need a Builder - 9th Jan 2013 11:36pm
Might be better trying a damp company who may do a free survey for you and an estimate. Surprised the insurance company havent sent their own surveyor around to assess
Posted By: Tatey Re: Need a Builder - 10th Jan 2013 5:51am
granny,

Be careful! I had a damp room & was told it was caused by a failed DPC & it needed the walls injecting & all sorts of other treatment. I had several people look at the problem & they all had different ideas. In the end it turned out to be the "Carlight Browning" (unsure of spelling) but the type of plaster & it was soaking up the moisture from inside the room. When I hacked it off, the brickwork underneath it was bone dry.
Posted By: granny Re: Need a Builder - 10th Jan 2013 11:05am
Thanks Tatey. I'm not sure it is the damp proof course but because of other possibilities, the insurance want it verifying first. That's because my insurance doesn't cover damp proofing. They suggested a builder to do a report, as opposed to a damp proofing company.

As Fish said,(thanks to you too Fish)I thought they would have sent their own surveyor, but maybe it's another way of cutting costs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral