Forums
Posted By: derekdwc How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 4:46pm
If I wanted to place a bet such as
Me being the 1st Wirral/Birkenhead man to go into space
or
that my grandson age 7 son would play football for a PREMIERESHIP club or England

Who and how would I have to contact and get odds.
Tried googling and am no wiser
Posted By: Sanchez Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 5:08pm
I'll act as a book maker for you.

10-1 you make it in to space you say...

I'll take as much as you like!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 5:59pm
I once walked into William Hill's and put money on a horse in the Grand National wearing a clowns outfit. That was my silly bet.
Posted By: eddie64 Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 6:29pm
my silly bet was beleiving my soon to be ex wife could be faithful.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 7:28pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I once walked into William Hill's and put money on a horse in the Grand National wearing a clowns outfit. That was my silly bet.

Do you wear a clowns outfit most days????
Posted By: Stranger Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 8:13pm
Originally Posted by eddie64
my silly bet was beleiving my soon to be ex wife could be faithful.

I made that bet as well and after 26 yrs lost oshocked
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 8:17pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
How did the horse manage to run whilst wearing a clowns outfit?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 3rd Jan 2013 9:15pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Who and how would I have to contact and get odds.
Tried googling and am no wiser

phone a bookies, they will have to take your details, probably ring their head office and will get back to you with odds.

they won't be that good on the grandson playing for a premiership team though.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 4th Jan 2013 12:14pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
[quote=derekdwc]
they won't be that good on the grandson playing for a premiership team though.

I'd have thought you would get better odds now than over 30 years ago when there weren't as many foreign born players playing as today
What do you think would be the odds

Population of the UK divided by number of Premiereship players or in England team population divided by number in an English team squad
Posted By: mrhanky Re: How can I place a possibly silly bet - 4th Jan 2013 5:17pm
bookies will look at it from how much money they can get from you but without giving you such good odds that if you did win the bet they would have to pay out a large sum.

would be surprised if you got more than 5-1.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral