Forums
Posted By: pebbles16 Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 2:21pm
Anyone know why estate agents fees are so high? Also, how come they vary so much with each estate agent??
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 2:25pm
Originally Posted by pebbles16
Anyone know why estate agents fees are so high? Also, how come they vary so much with each estate agent??
Why are some Supermarkets cheaper than others, if every shop had the same prices, would not be any competion.
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 2:34pm
Very true, but to differ so much is my issue. They vary from £120.00 to over £400.00.
Someone is pocketing alot of peoples hard earned cash!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 3:29pm
Well, I guess if they can get away with it...
I suppose they charge what the market will stand.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 4:24pm
Very many house sales come as a result of adverts the Estate Agents place on their pages in the local press. Different Estate Agents offer different frequencies with which the advert for your house will appear - THAT contributes to the different fees because, effectively, you are paying for those adverts

Snod
Posted By: kendo Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 9:43pm
Depends if they sell you house for you, if they do it was money well spent. One agent had ours up for just short of 2 years and we had 2 couples through the door. We decided to let another Wallasey agent market it and in 8 weeks we had 10 people through the door and it was sold!!!!!!
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: Estate Agents Fees - 20th Dec 2012 10:37pm
I didnt realise there was so much taken into account. I was refering to rental fees with those figures. I think the credit check should be the same price, or very similar for each agent, and I think they should do a breakdown of where the rest of the money goes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral