Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Have you been to a charity race night? - 16th Dec 2012 8:56pm
I'm a DJ doing Disco's/Karaoke. I've been asked to do a race night for the local football team, but I don;t have a clue whats involved or how it works.

Has anyone been to one and could tell me what happens and how it works.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: kendo Re: Have you been to a charity race night? - 17th Dec 2012 6:06pm
You need to get in touch with a local stable first and see if they can loan you about 6 horses. I have heard Ginger Mccains Son is most helpful. Don't have his phone number though.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Have you been to a charity race night? - 17th Dec 2012 6:24pm
You need lots of help on these nights!I am assuming that you are in touch with a firm to supply the films etc. and are covered for gambling wherever you are running it.
You then need people in advance to:
print the race cards although the people who provide the films will probably contacts for that.
sponsor each race and provide a prize.
buy each horse in each race.
Then on the night you need people to:
sell the tickets for each horse, usually 1 person can sell for 2 horses.
run the tote and pay out the winnings, usually 1 person does this.
Clearly in both of the latter it is very useful if people take it in turns to do the jobs.
The big thing you need on the night is loads of people to buy the horses, remembering that strictly speaking nobody under 18 can actually buy a ticket.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Have you been to a charity race night? - 17th Dec 2012 6:53pm
This might give you a few pointers.

http://www.racenight.me.uk/
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Have you been to a charity race night? - 17th Dec 2012 7:53pm
Well this depends if you are running the entire race night or DJ'ing/Entertaining FOR a race night.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral