Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 7:41pm
Hi all. Does anybody have any idea who owns this. I know someone interested in taking over before its levelled :-D
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 8:10pm
I heard that the landlord had payed the unpaid elec bill and it was reopening in about 2 weeks? If not then I wish the best to your friend if they are thinking of taking it over, it deserves a landlord who isnt a total joke, as I know personally the current isnt the best for the job.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 8:42pm
If the bill is paid and they're planning to re-open then I don't understand why metal shutters went on the windows and both doors yesterday?
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 9:23pm
I heard that there was a break in & an attempt on the fruit machine , hence the metal shutters .
Posted By: torryman Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 10:31pm
metal shuttering isn't cheap ...I think the brewery's insurance would fit this as standard.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 10:39pm
I think it maybe a pub company not a brewery. A brewery would throw a temp manager in. If its not open soon, im sure a to let / auction sign will go up.

Anyone knows the owner, let me know :-D
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 23rd Nov 2012 11:27pm
It's not a pub company, it's Scottish and Newcastle brewery - I have been wondering why they haven't put temp management in, as they did before the current landlord took over.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 24th Nov 2012 6:28pm
Originally Posted by Racoon
It's not a pub company, it's Scottish and Newcastle brewery - I have been wondering why they haven't put temp management in, as they did before the current landlord took over.

Because it costs more to trade a pub like this that leaving it closed. I think this pub has closed it's doors for the last time. As soon as an available pub is screened, the to let boards are put up by the screeners. Not the case with this pub, it will be sold off to a developer and levelled.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 24th Nov 2012 7:17pm
Such a shame, will be sad if this happens to this pub! Terrible management are to blame as far as i'm concerned, yes the climate isn't the best at the moment for pubs everywhere, but I have sat back and watched the management run this pub into the ground. The landlord did a crash course in management and thought he could turn it into something amazing, when he's done the exact opposite. Really hope this pub is saved.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 24th Nov 2012 7:36pm
Totally agree that it will be a real shame if this closes for good. I went every week, it had a community atmosphere. There's nowhere to drink round there now. No Pool Inn, no Kings, I can't believe how many pubs in Wallasey have closed overf the last few years. A sorry state of affairs thumbsdown
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 24th Nov 2012 7:48pm
I know and Liscard is just full of kids.
Hope somebody does take it over, that would be great.
Posted By: kemirakid Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 25th Nov 2012 11:05am
The Morton Arms has got a sign outside looking for someone to take it over .Its by Moreton station.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Rose & Crown - Poulton Road - 25th Nov 2012 11:32am
I think the Morton arms is being sold at auction. The building is in a bad state of repair. Needs a new roof and the electrics are shot. Again, this will be levelled. There was a rumor that wetherspoons were interested but that looks to have gone belly up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral