Forums
Posted By: stanb Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 10:53am
Hello all,anyone know where to find driver for dell integrated webcam please.Inspiron 1525.Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 11:00am
Originally Posted by stanb
Hello all,anyone know where to find driver for dell integrated webcam please.Inspiron 1525.Thanks in advance.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/en/ukdhs1/Product/inspiron-1525
Posted By: TheDr Re: Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 11:03am
Dell are easy, go onto the Dell website and click on Support.

Look on your Dells case for a sticker, usually black, that says Serial Number/Serial Tag or similar. It's usually about 8-10 characters long.

Where it asks you for the Serial Tag type that numer in.

It should now come up with all of the details about your Dell system, including drivers, just click on the one and download/install it.

Give me a shout if you get stuck.
Posted By: stanb Re: Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 2:13pm
Thanks Doc,tried that and downloaded the driver reported for my laptop but nowt,thinking of giving up its doing my head in,lol.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 2:37pm
Originally Posted by stanb
Thanks Doc,tried that and downloaded the driver reported for my laptop but nowt,thinking of giving up its doing my head in,lol.
Did you download the software for it aswell, not just driver.
i have dell laptop, and had to download software for it aswell.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Dell webcam - 16th Nov 2012 6:54pm
BC is right, certain software (such as MSN), will see the camera and use it as long as the driver is in, to activate it yourself you need the software as well.

If you're still showing a yellow warning symbol next to it in device manager you might want to try forcing it to use the driver you've installed.

From Dell it would have been a Zipped file, so first of all see where it extracted to, then right click on the device in hardware manager and choose Update Driver, don't let it search but point it to where the correct files are.

If that doesn't work trying choosing Uninstall Device instead, then Scan for new hardware, and when it finds it again point it to the drivers don't let it try and install anything generic.

If you get stuck just pop it in to the shop it should only take a few minutes.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Dell webcam - 17th Nov 2012 11:27am
Originally Posted by TheDr
BC is right, certain software (such as MSN), will see the camera and use it as long as the driver is in, to activate it yourself you need the software as well.

If you're still showing a yellow warning symbol next to it in device manager you might want to try forcing it to use the driver you've installed.

From Dell it would have been a Zipped file, so first of all see where it extracted to, then right click on the device in hardware manager and choose Update Driver, don't let it search but point it to where the correct files are.

If that doesn't work trying choosing Uninstall Device instead, then Scan for new hardware, and when it finds it again point it to the drivers don't let it try and install anything generic.

If you get stuck just pop it in to the shop it should only take a few minutes.
Dr trying to pm you, but your over limit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral