Forums
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Advice for after buying a Mobile - 25th Oct 2012 3:16pm
Dont no if this is in the right place, just wondering if anyone can help.

I bought a phone from CEX last friday, the staff member did not show me the phone out of the box or working. I got home, put my sim card in and it was showing offline.

I left it for a few hours but it was still saying the same thing, so i tried the sim card in another phone and it worked. Took phone back, got told it was a problem with the sim tray and that the pins were bent. Was told they could fix it for me.

Went to pick phone up today, got told phone cannot be fixed and they accused me of breaking the phone and would not offer me a refund or an exchange.

Were do i stand with this? Surely they cannot be allowed to do this.

Thanks

Posted By: Dilly Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 25th Oct 2012 3:59pm
I would think you are entitled to a full refund as it is not fit for purpose, also surely they should have shown you it working. Good luck.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 25th Oct 2012 4:25pm
withthat

Maybe next time you'll make sure it works before leaving the shop. Now you've got the problem of convincing them it was faulty from the start.
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 26th Oct 2012 3:43pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Now you've got the problem of convincing them it was faulty from the start.

...and us
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 26th Oct 2012 4:45pm
Why on earth would i want to spend £90 on a phone and break it so this would happen, you idiot!!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 26th Oct 2012 5:27pm
Originally Posted by lauren_lfc89
Why on earth would i want to spend £90 on a phone and break it so this would happen, you idiot!!!

lamethrower bananadance

Funny old bunch here but you'll get the hang of us!!

Total Grrrs at that place and by the sounds of it your going to have to play hard ball with them, make a show, be tactful or which ever method suits your best!
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 26th Oct 2012 6:16pm
Originally Posted by lauren_lfc89

Excuse me? I resemble that comment!

Connectors could be damaged by accident when putting the sim card in.

You should have checked it was working prior to leaving the shop seeing as you knew you were buying a 2nd hand phone.

I don't see why they SHOULD give you your money back in all honesty.

Chalk this one up to experience and let it be a lesson learned. I presume you are around 22 given your username so you have plenty more years ahead of you in which to be careful.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Advice for after buying a Mobile - 26th Oct 2012 7:12pm
I reckon you are well within your rights to expect a refund.
Good advice here
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/returning-damaged-or-faulty-goods/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral