Forums
Posted By: BennyBoy Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 3:29pm
Anyone know what's happening the road is blocked off past asda. I was heading from woodchurch road so I don't know what's happened exactly but there are a lot of police cars.

Smells like rubber burning so it may be a car on fire?

My girlfriend works at arrowe park so I need to let her know which way
To go.

Any help would be appreciated
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 3:32pm
By the way it's only just happened because the fire engines where racing past me before I turned off into woodchurch estate.

Posted By: futurepast Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 7:05pm
Car fire I believe by Arrowe park hotel
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 7:21pm
Got caught in queue and dived up Landican Lane. Not the first time they have blocked road off here
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 8:27pm
I was turned away so I went through the woodchurch but it had just happened so not everyone had done the same thing.

Is it still blocked off?
Posted By: Anthony_1988 Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 9:18pm
When i left Arrowe at around 4pm, there were 2 ambulances and police. Looked like there had been a car crash and one of the cars was on fire. I am hoping everybody involved is ok as it looked quite nasty.

I must admit, it can get quite dangerous at those lights in heavy traffic as people dont always realise you need to be in the right hand lane for APH, and sometimes they just cut in front. Not saying that is what happened in todays incident, but from my own experience i have seen many near misses there.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Fire arrowe park lights - 17th Oct 2012 10:26pm
The police that where at the accident at wallasey village, told the driver from the pick up truck that took the car away that knocked the lad over at wallasey village said there was someone trapped in a burning car, on woodchurch road.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral