Forums
Posted By: Alonso Anybody use First Utility for gas electric? - 16th Oct 2012 8:46pm
I only ask because I have switched to these from British Gas, who are hiking their prices by 6%. Considering they have made £billions in the past year and never reduce their prices, I have decided that after quite a few years of being with them, to move to a cheaper supplier. Looks as if I will save about £200.00 a year. Not a fantastic saving, that I realize, but I just keep telling myself, 'why on earth should I keep giving more to British Gas, for proving me with exactly the same utilities as my new provider?' It doesn't make sense.

Lots of complaints on the forums about this company but it appears to me that as long as I submit my meter readings on time and pay by DD I will have nothing to worry about. So has anybody had any problems with them?
we use EON for both gas and leccy and have done for bout 5 yrs now since told B/G to uck right off besides they have to pay for new van colours somehow lol
I switch every year to a different provider via Quidco.
I have just switched from Sainsburys to Npower and got the bills reduced by £200 a year and £100 cashback
There is no such thing as loyalty any more!

I have just joined first utilities yesterday as i watched the this morning show and the fella that talks about money saving was pleading with people to swithch this very minute to a fixed for two winters tarriff, he mentioned about first so i gave it a punt. i will save over £290 a year. and no scarey hikes till march 2014.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Anybody use First Utility for gas electric? - 17th Oct 2012 11:10pm
I hadn't watched anything about the hike by B.G. Just got an email from them on Tuesday morning carping about why they have to raise it by 6%. Same day it was announced that next Spring our pensions will go up by 2.2%. The price of food is going to rise significantly soon...which means inflation will rise over the next few months, so I thought it necessary to claw a bit back in any area that I possibly can. It's all we can do these days. Cheers all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral