Forums
Posted By: dodyfish TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 3:14pm
I got a knock at the door yesterday from a man claiming he had no record of a TV license being paid in the property.

He didn't introduce himself from any company, he didn't have any ID and was very pushy and invading my personal space! He was practically in the house as soon as I opened the door, and as I was on my own, this was a little scary.

We definitely pay our license, and have evidence on bank statements, so this makes me think it's sinister?

Has anyone else had this???

Thanks
Posted By: MATTSVM Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 3:50pm
Sounds dodgy having no I.D , even if he was real you are under no obligation to give him or anyone your personal details over the doorstep !! I advise my wife not to answer the door to anyone in the day unless I'm there , there's so many cold callers and crooks about!! If its important they can sent you a letter!!
Posted By: Davefabo Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 4:08pm
You need to report this to the Police, they may information about bogus callers in your area.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 4:15pm
Can you say whereabouts in Wirral did this happen, please? (Not asking for the exact address!)
Posted By: Mark Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 4:27pm
Do they still do door to door ?
The real Tv Licence People.

With all modern tech im sure they dont have to enter the property.

(i could be wrong).
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 4:38pm
a linky thingy
Posted By: Zubee Re: TV License Door to Door Man - 9th Oct 2012 9:20pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Do they still do door to door ?
The real Tv Licence People.

With all modern tech im sure they dont have to enter the property.

(i could be wrong).

Yes they still knock on doors but I think it's only the addresses where no license is registered?

Conmen seem to have a lot of front lately. somad Remember, you don't have to give anybody access to your home or give any details to people who cold call.

I'm grateful to the members who make these posts, a reminder keeps me on my toes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral