Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Washing Machine not filling up - 25th Sep 2012 3:00pm
My washing machine doesnt seem to want to work today.
Press start, you hear a sound as if it's about to fill with water for literally a second, then nothing!

I've checked to see if water pipe blocked, I've cleaned the nozzle at bottom, and the spinner spins freely..

Any suggestions to what it could be..

I'm guessing there is a valvue that opens and closes for the water inlet, my guess is that this is damaged.

Thanks
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 25th Sep 2012 3:11pm
Mr Sheep
Yes, it does sound like a defective inlet valve. Is it a front or a top loader? If a top loader you can probably change it your self.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 25th Sep 2012 3:12pm
Whats a front n top loader?? If you mean where is the pipe inlet.. Its at the top. smile
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 25th Sep 2012 3:29pm
Do you put the clothes in from the front or the top of the machine?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 25th Sep 2012 3:51pm
Just a possibility but has the machine got itself pressed up against the wall so the water can't fill or maybe a blockage in the outlet pipe, a coin or button stuck in the pipe?
Posted By: Finney Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 26th Sep 2012 9:57am
This happened to my machine the other week, it took a little water in them wouldnt do anything else. Turned the programme control to drain and it drained ok. Called engineer out and all it needed was new brushes, fixed within the hour.
Posted By: norma Re: Washing Machine not filling up - 26th Sep 2012 4:51pm
hi i had this problem there was something in the back of the machine that looked like a small plasttic bottle this tells the machine when there is enough water in it sometimes it gets blocked so the machine thinks its ful i took this out washed it in soda and hot water put it back and it worked ok this could be your problem but dont try this unless you know what you are doing
© Wirral-Wikiwirral