Forums
Posted By: rafared82 pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 5:57pm
Hi all I was walking the dogs down moreton shore and i noticed the farm house on the left was being done up. I know frank biddle the farmer owned it just wondered if any one had any info as to when it was built and who owned it alos if developers had bought it. it is looking rather tidy from what i can remeber it was
Posted By: eggandchips Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 7:07pm
not being picky here, but as far as i know pasture farm was where the ambulance / health centre are now.
biddles were one of the oldest families in moreton, and i always knew it as biddles farm. i used to go there as a sprog for straw for my rabbits.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 7:14pm
but if i'm wrong accept my apologies
Posted By: rafared82 Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 8:37pm
it may have been called VANDAL COTTAGE..... but it now says pasture farm over the door...im ingrigued. it does look well from the front to be honest its good to see it being put back together as last time i was down there it looked really run down. same as the old cafe on the corner
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 9:35pm
Hi Egg i`m pretty sure Biggles farm was further down ,nearer to Cadbury`s but over the road ??? just past Moreton station .I wouldn`t bet my life savings on that though it`s just what i remember .I know he wrote a book a good few years ago now
Posted By: eggandchips Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 9:49pm
its listed as pasture farm now, but i remember my ald fella telling me about pasture farm and danger farm ( danger lane )and biddles farm
he was brought up in the row of cottages by the birket on pasture road
Posted By: rafared82 Re: pasture farm moreton - 10th Aug 2012 9:58pm
what is the lane called that runs down to light house am just trying to find info on them cottages farms etc
Posted By: Bobario Re: pasture farm moreton - 11th Aug 2012 5:09am
That would be Lingham Lane. Frank Biddle did own that house, but i think he was retired and only kept a couple of cows on the field over the road.
Posted By: johnny Re: pasture farm moreton - 15th Aug 2012 9:59am
frank did own the farm before he passed away and his brother john still farms the land , frank had a daughter and a son and they are modernising the house to sell i believe along with the land, franks sister lives in lingham farm which is down the lane from the lighthouse her son in law is a mate of mine and he and his family live there also, before frank moved from pasture road where the tarran estate is now i think one of titch masons relatives lived in the house
Posted By: rafared82 Re: pasture farm moreton - 15th Aug 2012 1:40pm
thanks it does look well i must admit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral