Forums
Posted By: rafared82 LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 5:26pm
hi all, does any one or know any one who can fix LCD TVs mine is a samsung 46inch tv and when i first turn it on the right hand side of the set has like a black shadow over it and the tv flickers after about an hour or so its fine....any info would be much appreciated thanks
Posted By: Moonstar Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 8:03pm
My LCD TV has dark shadows too so will be interested in any reply for Rafared82.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 9:19pm
Mine too, and its also funny along the top of the screen.

Is yours similar to this?

Attached picture IMG_0938.JPG
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 9:31pm
My parents tv has a shadow recently too, that's a Samsung LCD, also interested in knowing what causes this, I don't think it's just samsungs though as we had a Panasonic one last year that had it.

Posted By: kimpri Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 10:14pm
could be Mura, cloudiness, vertical banding on LCD TVs

clicky
Posted By: ASE71 Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 7th Aug 2012 10:23pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1

clicky

Ill read this tomorrow and try it, ill let you all know if it works. Mine is an LG 3 years old and that pic was taken 2 weeks ago as I sent it to LG via email to complain that it shouldn't happen to something of that age, and you guessed it, no reply LOL
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 8th Aug 2012 8:48am
Originally Posted by ASE71

clicky

Ill read this tomorrow and try it, ill let you all know if it works. Mine is an LG 3 years old and that pic was taken 2 weeks ago as I sent it to LG via email to complain that it shouldn't happen to something of that age, and you guessed it, no reply LOL
I've read a lot on the AV forums about LG, most of their customers are pee'd off with their unreliability and non existant customer service.
I wouldn't touch LG products.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 8th Aug 2012 8:56am

clicky
Nice one happy

i guess its not adjusting the screen that causes this.

Our Toshiba one in the bedroom has had none of this but we contantly adjust screen settings depending on what we are using it with, i also leave the tv to automatically adjust depending on the light in the room, leave the auto backlight on and it will adjust accordingly also.

I reckon this affects the peeps who never adjust their set.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 8th Aug 2012 9:05am
Led is the way to go smile
Posted By: ASE71 Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 8th Aug 2012 10:26am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by ASE71

clicky

I've read a lot on the AV forums about LG, most of their customers are pee'd off with their unreliability and non existant customer service.
I wouldn't touch LG products.

The Fix didn't work. I contacted LG just now and they weren't concerned how young the TV was, just that it was out of warranty so they won't fix it without first paying £395.

I basically told them i wouldn't pay that to fix it as once this problem is fixed, that rest of the tv is 3 years old and something else would probably go.......

Ill have to replace it but won't be touching LG again, I didn't realize LG is actually the cheap shitty brand "GOLDSTAR" that knocked out shit VCR's in the Eighties. Then the founder merged with his other company " Lucky " to form "Lucky/Goldstar" and soon just went by the initials of new company LG.

Ive also read on the internet they use samsungs rejected panels?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LCD TV REPAIR - 8th Aug 2012 10:42am
I used to repair LCD and Plasmas, LG models are a nightmare to get parts for as they all tend to suffer from the same problems so replacement panels (if you can get them) are expensive.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral