Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:11pm
Can 16 year old take orders for alcohol? As in can they take an order at a table then go to bar with payment and then return with drinks?

Thanks

TheMrs
Posted By: mrhanky Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:23pm
staff or customer?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:32pm
Thought you had to be 18 to sell ale although if he's only taking an order and passing it onto barstaff I don't think it's a big deal.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:42pm
It would be 16 year old staff taking the order then accepting payment taking it too the bar then returning with the drinks.

Cant seem to find a clear ans online.

TheMrs
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:48pm
as a 17 year old waitress, i was not allowed to serve wine. this was in a posh nursing home.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:48pm
Well I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

18 is the required age to sell alcohol and tabacco iirc.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 10:50pm
Hope this makes sense.
153Prohibition of unsupervised sales by children.

(1)A responsible person commits an offence if on any relevant premises he knowingly allows an individual aged under 18 to make on the premises— .
(a)any sale of alcohol, or .
(b)any supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to or to the order of a member of the club, .
unless the sale or supply has been specifically approved by that or another responsible person.
(2)But subsection (1) does not apply where— .
(a)the alcohol is sold or supplied for consumption with a table meal, .
(b)it is sold or supplied in premises which are being used for the service of table meals (or in a part of any premises which is being so used), and .
(c)the premises are (or the part is) not used for the sale or supply of alcohol otherwise than to persons having table meals there and for consumption by such a person as an ancillary to his meal. .
(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale. .
(4)In this section “responsible person” means— .
(a)in relation to licensed premises— .
(i)the holder of a premises licence in respect of the premises, .
(ii)the designated premises supervisor (if any) under such a licence, or .
(iii)any individual aged 18 or over who is authorised for the purposes of this section by such a holder or supervisor, .
(b)in relation to premises in respect of which there is in force a club premises certificate, any member or officer of the club present on the premises in a capacity which enables him to prevent the supply in question, and .
(c)in relation to premises which may be used for a permitted temporary activity by virtue of Part 5— .
(i)the premises user, or .
(ii)any individual aged 18 or over who is authorised for the purposes of this section by the premises user.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 11:02pm
So its ok as long as the license holder has given permission and that food is served on the premises?

TheMrs
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: 16 year olds and alcohol - 3rd Aug 2012 11:03pm
Sorry

Thank you Raven61 smile

TheMrs
© Wirral-Wikiwirral