Forums
Posted By: vegiboy What happened to School Lane, Wallasey? - 2nd Aug 2012 9:55am
So, I was walking to B&Q today and decided to cut through School Lane football ground as I haven't been down there for yonks. I was expecting to see lots of kids playing football... what the heck happened?

I could barely walk through it as the grass was up to waist high, there was over-grown plants and no longer any football posts. It looks a right mess!It looks like its been like this for years. Anyone know why it was left to just over-grow? And if there are any plans for it? I used to play there when I went to Mosslands and was really sad to see it in this state.
Posted By: Stegga Re: What happened to School Lane, Wallasey? - 2nd Aug 2012 2:31pm
I go past the old Mosslands sports fields almost every day on the train. It's begining to look more like a nature reserve than playing fields. A pond has developed over in one corner with plenty of wildlife in it, on it and around it. The last few years it has dried up in the summer, not this year. I wonder why.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral