Forums
Posted By: Maisie Foreign Money Exchange - 21st Jul 2012 3:50pm
Hi, does anyone know where I can chance a lot of foreign money...I have approximately 300 coins and about 20 notes. There used to be a machine in A**a in Bromborough, but haven't been up that way for while and not sure if it's still there!!

Thanks in advance
Maisie
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 21st Jul 2012 4:04pm
As far as i know Maisie ,you can`t change coins ,only notes ??check it out but i`m pretty sure about that ?? The only other thing you can do is to give them to some one who is going to that country
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 21st Jul 2012 4:50pm
Yeah you can only change notes, perhaps a bank might take coins I don't know. There is now a booth in ASDA in Brombotough just as you go in the door on the left. They will probably be able to tell you if you call their customer service.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 22nd Jul 2012 5:52am
ASDA cash machines do not take foreign coins. Donate them to charity. Change notes at a bank.
Posted By: uptoncx Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 22nd Jul 2012 7:12am

If they are Euros, you can change them by post at Exchange Euro Coins but you don't get a very good exchange rate.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 22nd Jul 2012 10:39am
Foreign money? If it's for those countries which have gone Euro, e.g. Lira, Drachma, Deutschmarks etc then you can only change them in the national banks of the countries concerned. Coins no chance, you may as well give them to someone who is going on holiday.
Also worth remembering that a lot of foreign coins are only worth buttons e.g. 6 million Turkish Lira was worth about 5 quid when I bought a football shirt.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 22nd Jul 2012 6:38pm
Nat West did change some coins for me.

I keep US Dollars if any left.

My friend and I need 25 US Dollars each to get our Nepal Visas when we arrive in November in that Country, and I just have enough to cover this so am pleased.

My left over Australian money I used in the Pacific some years later.
Posted By: Maisie Re: Foreign Money Exchange - 23rd Jul 2012 7:10pm
Thanks everyone, it's mostly Chinese notes and Dirhams. The coins are a mixture, that has been found over the years. Seemed like a good idea keeping it at the time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral