Forums
hi.
can anyone give me any info on "niche" , made great food in new brighton but closed about 18 months ago or so . it was located at the vale park/seabank rd junction .

i think the guys might have been serbian possibly. the pizza and mixed grills etc where amazing , by far best on wirral and unlike the usual rubbish in a box .

ive never known what happened to them if they are now in a different location or something.
cheers rob
Sounds like it was a Balkan takeaway. Used to go regular to them in Berlin and the last one was in Fallingbostel and he was from Montenegro. Every place I go I enquire about Balkan Restaurants but they don't seem to do them in UK, even London. When I was based in Split we used to go out once a month to the local restaurants, brilliant. Agree that the mixed grills are to die for, Duvech rice to go with it, brilliant. Good luck in your quest.
sound like the guys running a sandwich bat in Birkenhead Market-always a queue.
hi

thanks for replies ill have to adjust my notifications i didnt know i got replies !

ive actually managed to find the orig menu and uploaded the menu here

had nice kitchen , expensive appliances , great authentic pizzas [best on wirral] , and proper charcoal grill . wasnt like your usual place like this . menu says restaurant quality , and it was actually better than most restaurants on the wirral ! i will have to investigate the b'head one and see . be amazing if it was
IMG 1
http://postimage.org/image/7iubajpv5/
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
photo hosting sites

IMG 2
http://postimage.org/image/fxpilw6mj/
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
photo sharing sites

anyone remember it ?
Wow wish I had gone.Lots of choice on the menu and even for 18 months or so ago the prices seem low. Maybe that's why they closed?
thnking about it it was probs mid 2009 it closed , so its been a few years . im sure they where local based guys , but poss from serbia orig. they spent so much money on the awesome kitchens it was a shock when it was closed without notice . seemed good blokes . think it was one of their mothers that used to spend all day hand rolling the amazing pizza dough, so authentic. the grill chef used to do these baaaaad ass serbian sausages mmmm. minestrone soup , mashed potato instead of chips. wow quality

ive visited many 1000's of homes in ch43-ch46 since that time with work but never bumped into them but often thought one day i would ... sadly not tho.

pizza locally is utter turd-like sloppy cheese pies cant find anywhere good - we have to go to "tribeca" in liverpool [if you like pizza make a note of that 2 places in lpool and £6 for a proper pizza ital style]. unless anyone knows of somewhere good ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral