Forums
Just wondered if anyone could recommend any tool shops/hardware stores that still operate in Wirral.

I remember places like Mills Tools and Fawcetts in Liscard, the sort of place where you can go in and buy things like a single drill bit or a few nuts and bolts which aren't prepacked and sold at extortionate prices?

Anyone recommend such a place? preferably in Wallasey area but anywhere in Wirral would do.

Thanks
check out new ferry tools on new ferry road bit like an alladins cave but you find allsorts in there

http://www.yell.com/b/New+Ferry+Tools-Tool+Suppliers+and+Services-Wirral-CH621BJ-1237546/index.html
Flying Dutchman, seabank road
if you want stuff like that then bestco on old gorsey lane
A J Howells , Rake lane Wallasey

Huws Gray,the old Ault Brothers, Breck Rd. not trade only.

Leasowe Paints? corner of Leasowe Rd/ Moorlands Rd

Screwfix and Toolstation, New Chester Rd, Birkenhead.

As far as traditional goes, A J Howells and Leasowe Paints are the nearest.
Bestco very helpful good value, A J Howells but very expensive
Toolstation New Chester Road is good for bits and bobs,pretty cheap free catalogue
Thanks for the suggestions, will check out Howells and Bestco as they are nearest to me. (Never heard of Bestco before and I know but had forgotten about Howells)
Hi, Try Howells on Rake Lane near Strouds Corner. Or, the Flying Dutchman cool on Seabank Road, both in the Wallasey area.
Originally Posted by saltytom

Not sure I agree to be honest, was by Gorsey Lane so called in to Bestco to buy a 9.5mm drill bit (£4.13)

Thought it was a bit pricey so looked in at Howells and it was £2.20 there (fatal continuing to look once you have bought something - always find it cheaper somewhere else).

Could be a one off of course but think I will try Howells first next time.
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks

Not sure I agree to be honest, was by Gorsey Lane so called in to Bestco to buy a 9.5mm drill bit (£4.13)

Thought it was a bit pricey so looked in at Howells and it was £2.20 there (fatal continuing to look once you have bought something - always find it cheaper somewhere else).

but the one from bestco will be a decent one, not made of chocolate wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any 'traditional' tool/hardware shops in Wirral - 21st Jun 2012 8:42pm
[/quote]

but the one from bestco will be a decent one, not made of chocolate wink [/quote]

agreed
Originally Posted by mrhanky
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks

but the one from bestco will be a decent one, not made of chocolate wink

Point taken
New Ferry tools is the place to go. Good quality and price

Attached picture Presentation1.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral