Forums
Posted By: tinkerbell44 garden waste - 26th May 2012 7:26pm
Were I live we don't have a brown bin for garden waste...so do I put it in green bin? Just checking as don't fancy getting a fine! Anyone know??
Posted By: gopher Re: garden waste - 26th May 2012 7:52pm
I put mine in the green bin as it goes to the land fill sites, people by me have brown bins but concrete gardens! Stupid council.
Posted By: little_pob Re: garden waste - 26th May 2012 8:06pm
Have you asked Street Scene for a free brown bin?

Details: http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service...h-and-waste/bins/brown-garden-waste-bins
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: garden waste - 26th May 2012 8:19pm
Im worried ill get a fine if put it in the green bin plus there just isn't the room its full every 2wks:/thanks little pob have looked at that web and there is no brown bin collection in my road?
Posted By: fizzbomb120 Re: garden waste - 26th May 2012 8:24pm
If it's a house You live in, and not low rise flats where it's a shared bin, plus not too much garden waste...I guess it's ok ??
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: garden waste - 26th May 2012 8:36pm
Yes its a house and there is a fair bit as not long moved in and all bushes had overgrown!
Posted By: gopher Re: garden waste - 27th May 2012 1:11am
What a joke, no brown bin collection in my road but 3 roads around me do, have to have words with our neighbourhood watch co-ordinator to get an answer as to why!
Posted By: Tanzi Re: garden waste - 27th May 2012 6:33am
im on a corner on a main road , my next door neighbours who are in a close with 3 houses in all have brown bins , the houses opposite have brown bins the next road along all have brown bins oh and they all do get emptied as the bin guys have to reverse next to my house to collect....

BUT i am NOT allocated a brown bin ... ?? have a garden front and back too . i Phoned and they said NO to me having one ... work that one out !!
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: garden waste - 27th May 2012 11:36am
If they won't give u a brown bin just start burning it and see how fast you get given a bin then.
Posted By: neec48 Re: garden waste - 28th May 2012 9:34am
Hi I had a similar problem where other houses around me had Brown Bins except us. The bin lorry had to drive past our house to collect the Brown Bins from the other streets.

This is the reply I got from the council:
Thank you for taking the time to contact Wirral Council to request a separate garden waste collection from your road.

The Waste and Recycling team have carried out a full analysis of the garden waste collection service. This involved an assessment of the borough to identify areas and roads where the properties do have gardens but are not on the service. This information was passed to our Garden Waste Collection Contractor, Biffa, to assess the additional operational requirements and work out the most efficient way of expanding the service to the additional properties. It is highly likely that this will require Biffa to completely restructure the service, meaning many existing customers will have collection day changes and routes the trucks currently work to will change.

After this work has been completed we can determine whether we are able to service all the additional properties with existing resources. If we can expand the service at no additional revenue cost to the Council then we would expect to roll out brown garden waste bins to new and additional properties towards the end of February 2012, with a view to starting collections from 1st April 2012. Should this be the case and agreed by Council, then you will receive pre-delivery leaflets early next year.

However, if there were an annual revenue cost to expanding the service, then the Council would consider the request for additional funding as part of the 2012/13 budget setting process, which would include public consultation. Even if the funding was approved, this would mean that the earliest the scheme could be expanded would be Spring 2013. In the event that additional revenue is required, Elected Members and Chief Officers involved in the decision making process will be informed of all complaints that have been made from residents waiting to join the scheme.

In the meamtime, garden waste can be put into your green refuse bin for collection. If you or anyone living at your property has access to a vehicle, you can take also garden waste to any of the Household Waste Recycling Centres:

Bidston Moss, Wallasey Bridge Road, Birkenhead
Greenbank Road, West Kirby
Mount Road, Clatterbridge

If you have any further queries regarding the waste and recycling service, please do not hesitate to contact Streetscene on 606-2004.

It suggests putting the waste in the Green Bins. I have previously done as they suggested, by putting garden waste in our green bin, only for the bin to be left un-emptied due to there being garden waste in it!

A few months later though we now have two Brown Bins - persistance does pay off.
Posted By: Lightning Re: garden waste - 28th May 2012 12:18pm
i would demand a brown garden waste bin you are entitled to it, just tell them straight.
your paying bloody council tax DEMAND you want a bin.
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: garden waste - 28th May 2012 7:33pm
Thanks for all your comments!
Posted By: tinkerbell44 Re: garden waste - 28th May 2012 7:34pm
Thanks for all your comments!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral