Forums
Did anybody else hear it today, sounded really loud and the house shuck
Nope?
The neighbours all come out and the horses in field were galloping around.
where was that?
i heard 3 consecutive bangs one night just before xmas with the house shaking and never did find out what that was.
In bidston, would love to know what it wad
*was
Fracking on rock ferry shore lol
i heard nothing in tranmere (@ work) might have been a sonic boom from a training fighter jet? or something mysterious on bidston hill, i know that place is a bit mysterious...
Lol, one of my dogs is afraid on bonfire night and she must of thought it was that cos she hasnt shut up since, every sound she is barking!
I work on the Tarran Estate and we heard it quite clearly. It shook the roof of the building and all the office staff came out to see what it was, thinking it came from our premises. It sounded to me like it came from out to sea towards the Meols area. No idea what it was and I can't find any info on the web.
Probably the bloody RAF playing war games. A double bang would indicate a sonic boom. Its probable that they dropped a bomb or something to practice doing it I expect.

Most days a jet goes tearing down the river for no apparent reason. It terrifies our dog, irritates everyone and as far as I can see serves no useful purpose whatsoever except to remind us of the vast expense of these things.

It's not as if Putin is very likely to establish a beachead in Tranmere with the intention of annexing the wirral, but why send a bloody expensive jet at 500mph to check that he hasn't anyway?

I can assure the RAF that we'll ring them if anyone attempts an invasion. No need for any jets until they do, thanks.
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Most days a jet goes tearing down the river for no apparent reason.

1) It goes along the Mersey because if anything went wrong over land the jet would crash into buildings rather than water

2) it's flying to the Irish sea to perform tests and training.

3) it stays lower than you may expect to save fuel climbing altitude and it could go a lot faster but again fuel and loud noise would have people complaining.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: big loud bang around 12.10 dinner time today?? - 6th Jun 2014 12:54pm
Originally Posted by xxwildspiritxx
Did anybody else hear it today, sounded really loud and the house shuck

Posted 8th May 2012 12:20pm

Original post is over 2 years old.

smile
wow, it seems I accidentally resurrected this post after googling "loud bang Wirral". I was at work on Thursday 5th June and heard a massive bang as I walked across the factory to speak to a colleague. The bang sounded quite far away, possibly out to sea. It shook the roof of the factory and caused a load of dust to fall from the office ceiling. Some of the office staff came out including all of our top brass to see what was going on as they thought one of the shop floor staff had blown something up or injured themselves.
I spotted a right noisey b*****d jet flying over a while later, which I thought at first was a Harrier, but might have been a Tornado with its wings swept back flying away from me towards Liverpool.
However, I was always under the impression that a sonic boom is only audible from behind the jet and only at close range.
Sorry mate, it was me. I dropped my wallet.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: big loud bang around 12.10 dinner time today?? - 7th Jun 2014 12:30am
Originally Posted by Bobario
wow, it seems I accidentally resurrected this post after googling "loud bang Wirral". I was at work on Thursday 5th June and heard a massive bang as I walked across the factory to speak to a colleague. The bang sounded quite far away, possibly out to sea. It shook the roof of the factory and caused a load of dust to fall from the office ceiling. Some of the office staff came out including all of our top brass to see what was going on as they thought one of the shop floor staff had blown something up or injured themselves.
I spotted a right noisey b*****d jet flying over a while later, which I thought at first was a Harrier, but might have been a Tornado with its wings swept back flying away from me towards Liverpool.
However, I was always under the impression that a sonic boom is only audible from behind the jet and only at close range.

i think the bangs you are reffering to are the docks in bootle.

They are resizing the docks, making them bigger, my uncle lives on new brighton front and his room shakes with the booms.

i saw the harrier fly over our work too, being close to the sea we see them quite often.
I took the dog out this morning , about 7.30 , along the Derby Pool . There was 2 low deep bangs , about 5 mins apart , that i could feel through the ground . It seemed to come from out in the Bay . There was a boat/barge/work platform out there just to the left of the wind farm. My feeling was it came from whatever that was doing.
Originally Posted by _Ste_

i think the bangs you are reffering to are the docks in bootle.

They are resizing the docks, making them bigger, my uncle lives on new brighton front and his room shakes with the booms.

i saw the harrier fly over our work too, being close to the sea we see them quite often.

Harrier? We don't have any anymore, do we?
Nope we don't. We refurbished them at a cost of many millions of pounds and then, effectively, gave them away to the Yanks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral