Forums
Posted By: Sanchez ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 2:27pm
does anyone know where I can buy this from?

(and no im not using it to get hammered raftl )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 2:41pm
Chriskay is your man for this. He's into that sort of stuff - in fact anything that will inhance a Gin & Tonic ! seeyu
Posted By: kamikazi Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 2:42pm
I get mine from the Chemist, use it for cleaning the WACOM.

K
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 2:50pm
Ha ha cheers pinz and k!
Posted By: chriskay Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 3:00pm
I suppose I'd ask what you're going to use it for. Pure ethanol (duty paid) is difficult to get and expensive; something like £25 for 500ml. Other alcohols are easier, maybe methanol or iso propyl alcohol. As I said, it depends what you want it for. I have the details of a supplier in Audenshaw who don't seem to fussy who they supply. I bought some pretty nasty chemicals there recently.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 3:07pm
Im after the none drinkable type (as its cheaper as you say no tax) to fuel a fire I have that burns most conbustables which cost me an arm and a leg to run yesterday whilst working in an empty house without CH.
Posted By: chriskay Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 3:25pm
Paraffin is probably cheapest. Any alcohol is going to be more expensive. What were you burning; vodka?
Seriously, if you think the job is going to take some time, why not hire a propane heater?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 4:03pm
It was more of a one off when the weather turned bad yday. Summer is on the way so im not really after spending any pennies on a new heater.

I just have a crappy old burner that does the job when when running it on ethanol it doesnt give off as many bad fumes as paraffin....I think?
Posted By: Tatey Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 4:09pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Chriskay is your man for this. He's into that sort of stuff - in fact anything that will inhance a Gin & Tonic ! seeyu

I just use another gin to ENHANCE mine!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 4:55pm
Bloody Nora ! How did that slip past. That's me in the bad books now eh?
Posted By: bert1 Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 5:34pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
It was more of a one off when the weather turned bad yday. Summer is on the way so im not really after spending any pennies on a new heater.

I just have a crappy old burner that does the job when when running it on ethanol it doesnt give off as many bad fumes as paraffin....I think?

Man up you wimpy spark, God knows what you would have been like in the trenches.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 8:11pm
Empty your pm's please
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ethanol?? - 5th Apr 2012 10:11pm
Phil, emptied
Bert - they just dont make us like they used to smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral