Forums
Posted By: Mark Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 12:36pm
Hilbre Island - Tides

Click Me And Click on Hilbre Island ( Bottom Right )

I cant put a direct link, as it hooks up on the date.
So to be sure use the link above first wink

Plan your Visit Click Me

DO NOT CROSS DIRECT TO HILBRE
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 12:39pm
Also, dont cross from Hoylake, as although its pretty safe, ya got more chance of being cut off by the tide.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 12:45pm
Was thinking of going for some pictures
but looks like i now need a boat.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 12:49pm
Lol, unless ye want to suffer from exposure/are very well prepared for the elements, I wouldnt recommend it until the weather in nice to be honest.

On a sunny day though, it is bliss to go out there, so peaceful, especially when its not a weekend/school holiday.

Pity we aint had many sunny periods this year, I was hoping to make it out there for my photography website (went out last year and got some excellent photo's but they got lost when me hdd broke), but overall the weather has been lame.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 1:35pm
Shame the pub that used to be on the island years ago isnt there anymore cause it would make alot of money if it was turned into a hotel laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 1:43pm
Lol yer too right, but its a bit of a mess inside now. I got the chance to go inside it when they had a Telelgraph station open day last year, got talking to the ranger.

They are supposedly renovating it to become a learning/wildlife centre dunno when its supposed to be done for though, at the the time it was sposed to be 2008.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 1:52pm
Yer smile its a nice little island that the Cave which is on the island is supposed to be haunted by a demon but thats in a book it just could be a legend LOL
Posted By: Mark Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 2:26pm
< Mark Checks Tide info again lol >
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 5:11pm
Good find.

I'm suprised it was high tide around 4pm, as I was working down at the Manchester Ship Canal in Eastham, and it said 8 metres.

I thought the mersey was a lot deeper than that!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Hilbre Island - Tides - 3rd Oct 2007 10:21pm
ha hja its a good place to go but aint been for a while
© Wirral-Wikiwirral