Forums
Posted By: PlasticScouser Poulton Primary School, Wallasey - 27th Mar 2012 7:23pm
I was passing the old Poulton Primary School on Rostherne Avenue this afternoon. It seems that it is being prepared for demolition. One of the workers there let me have a look around inside (after giving me a hard hat!) All the fittings worth anything have now been removed and some of the floors have gone.

It appears that all the pitch pine beams/joists are destined for China while the brick "Junior Boys", "Junior Girls", "Senior Boys" & "Senior Girls signs over the entrances are going to Boston, USA to be incorporated into a new building.

Nice to think that a bit of old Wallasey will live on in the New World!
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Poulton Primary School, Wallasey - 27th Mar 2012 7:51pm
Yes i saw that the other day myself ,you did very well by getting the chance to go inside ,did he let you take any pic`s ? or did you just have a look around ?
Posted By: PlasticScouser Re: Poulton Primary School, Wallasey - 30th Mar 2012 10:08pm
Hi Gysyjune. Yes I did take some photos on my 'phone. Here they are:

This is the lower hall taken from the nursery end. The lovely wood block floor has already been removed for re-sale.

[Linked Image]

Taken from the same place as the one above but a quarter turn left. This room was the reception class at the time the school closed.

[Linked Image]

The Nursery

[Linked Image]

Looking into the Headmaster's room. The wooden floor has already gone (most of the recoverable beams/joists are going to China)

[Linked Image]

Looking down through the floor of the Headmaster's room into the school office

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Poulton Primary School, Wallasey - 3rd Apr 2012 9:04am
How old is this building?
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: Poulton Primary School, Wallasey - 3rd Apr 2012 9:31am
Cant believe this is going. It has so much potential. I thought it was going to be turned into flats?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral