Forums
Posted By: Fireblade Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 13th Jun 2011 10:02pm
Bloody place was like Borstal put they let you go home
of a night,
I was there from 1962 till 1966 got to say though
it was the University of Life
Posted By: davew3 Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 13th Jun 2011 11:28pm
How dare you sir call it "Hemmy", it's Hamilton Acadamy for the sons of gentlemen, if you look there's a topic already on the go somewhere.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 14th Jun 2011 10:26am
laugh Hi fella u didnt go there when i was there that for sure laugh

I cant find the link to Go Somewhere,could u post it on here please thumbsup
Posted By: rosieb Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 4th Apr 2012 8:29pm
we went to hemmy for are cookery lessons in the 60 s from conway street for girls happy days
Posted By: georgetheking Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 10th Sep 2012 1:36pm
i to went to hemmy as we called it not hamilton i think the prefects called it hamilton i went there from 1966-1968 who remembers the teachers? mr bentley /mr cliff/ charlie williams " woodwork teacher /mr rushton pe teacher
Posted By: georgetheking Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 13th Sep 2012 4:08pm
hamilton academy hahaha weres your head at the proper title was "hamilton secondary modern "
Posted By: robbiej Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 30th Sep 2012 2:55pm
what about L T Davers T K Davers Mr fener Mr Brown u could losse lots of house marks with Mr brown what about the houses cook drack nelson and scott
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 30th Sep 2012 4:08pm
It was called Hamilton Middle School when I was there....it was a stop gap between Cole Street and Park High.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 30th Sep 2012 4:33pm
My old man went there in the 30's and it was Hemmy then. His maths teacher was a Dickie Bolton, who then became my maths teacher at the BI. He wouldn't transfer to Tolle and went and taught maths at a girls school. Was told which one but can't remember. He was a very nice bloke and a good teacher.
Posted By: georgetheking Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 5th Oct 2012 1:16pm
i remember mr fenner, didnt he become a policeman? do you remember mr bentley? his famous saying was for crying out loud! hahaha
Posted By: robbiej Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 6th Oct 2012 3:24pm
no he went to be a prison office what about Mr cliff when it was a wet dinner he would get his golf clubs out and what about the cross county run with Mr Toping in the winter HELL and walking to the baths at Livingstone Street
Posted By: Geoff1954 Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 9th Nov 2012 10:03am
Yeh cross country round Birkenhead park with mr topping don't I miss it let me think for a second...nope..mr cliffs was the geography teacher and played golf at Preston golf club as you say when it was raining he would line kids up and fire plastic balls at you in the hall any one remember the lab technician who was a professional referee can't remember his name
Posted By: Erainn Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 19th Nov 2012 11:23am
Had heard that the Physics teacher, Mr Ravenscroft was a footie referee over at Arrowe Park in the old days, Same guy?
Posted By: Erainn Re: Hamilton Sec or Hemmy - 19th Nov 2012 11:24am
Topping, a sadist!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral