Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Cathcart Street School - 6th Sep 2010 5:16pm
A picture and aerial of the old Cathcart Street School

Attached picture CathcartStSchool.jpg
Attached picture Cathcart Aerial.jpg
Posted By: wombatwoo1 Re: Cathcart Street School - 23rd Feb 2011 9:45am
What a great pic of my old school, all the school photos were taken in that yard and in the ariel photo oak gardens still standing [I lived in eldon ], look atthe waste land that was school place where my mate Quala lived - happy days!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Cathcart Street School - 23rd Feb 2011 9:50am
Should imagine the kids photo would be 1953, Coronation Year.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Cathcart Street School - 23rd Feb 2011 10:04am
What a lovely photo.Have you put it in Friends Reunited?
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
A picture and aerial of the old Cathcart Street School

Posted By: bert1 Re: Cathcart Street School - 23rd Feb 2011 10:19am
I went to the nursery there, i can't remember much about the school, what i can remember and this might jog a few memories of anyone who went to the nursery, every day we had to have a little sleep, the teachers would put little type of camp beds out and we would get a blanket, my blanket had a drum on it and i think the bed also, when we awoke, we would then have to go to something on the wall with pockets in, my pocket had a drum on it and thats where my comb was. Every kid had their own identity symbol. They had a toy that was only got out as a treat, similar to the bobbing hoses at a fair ground, this was bobbing sea lions, clockwork i suppose.
Posted By: spider Re: Cathcart Street School - 23rd Feb 2011 2:03pm
I went there too,My brother Bandicoot took me to my first day at the nursery aged about 4 I think? so that would have been 1958.Mrs Richards was the head mistress,I did not like her at all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral