St Anselm's College
Manor Hill
Prenton
Merseyside
CH43 1UQ

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: GaryB Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 26th Sep 2007 11:24am
Me, this was my school. And what a school it was smile Ahh, gone are the days of sneaking through the Brother's garden and jumping the walls to go the chippy at lunch.
Posted By: tommc Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 14th Dec 2007 7:15pm
Anyone remember Bro. Hawkins?
Legend!
Posted By: paper_boy Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 18th Dec 2007 9:15am
I do remember bro hawkins, little chap always in the garden. Less scary than the maths teacher...oh Lord what was his name? Not Bro Power or O'hallaran or Sreenan...
Posted By: DavidB Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 19th Apr 2008 5:16pm
I went here. Did anyone think the teachers only really concentrated on the rich kids?
Brother Power was a really nice bloke I think. Brother O'Halloran was a complete psycho. He used to bollock us if we dropped a pen on the floor. I think it was all show though, as on the last few days of school he was a completely different person.
Did anyone have Mr McCabe (Biology)? He was a really good teacher, but frigging scary.
Posted By: jordan Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 19th Apr 2008 7:47pm
Anyone remember Mr McKay the Economics teacher?
What a man!
Posted By: bri445 Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 17th May 2009 7:26pm
Teachers from my era, 1945-50:
Bro Curran, head
Bob Stephenson, good, physics
'Froggy' Furlong, French
'Pop' Genin, Miss Magee, music
Mr McKendrick, maths, 'Maaaths is easy'
'Dickie' Farrell, English

I'm trying to forget the bros, not nice memories, wielding that strap with certain enjoyment!! And flinging the board duster with intent to kill!

There used to be a forum on the school's website but it was probably removed due to adverse comments about the teachers!!
I DID learn something but I couldn't get away to industry fast enough!

Posted By: DavidB Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 19th May 2009 10:33pm
Originally Posted by jordan
Anyone remember Mr McKay the Economics teacher?
What a man!

Yes, I remember him, he was a really good, entertaining teacher. I seem to remember him having a picture of Mike Baldwin on the wall. He got called Robocop as he looked a bit like the bloke who played him.
Posted By: bri445 Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 10th Jun 2009 11:10am
Go to the school's website and click on aerial views for the best pics of Birkenhead and in very high quality. Try zooming in!

Bri
Posted By: DavidB Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 3rd Aug 2009 9:58pm
It hasn't really changed since I was there, I left in 1992. TBH, it does seem like absolutely ages ago. I'd love to go back there just to see the insides again.
Posted By: bri445 Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 3rd Aug 2009 11:13pm
There might be an open day you could attend. Check the website.
Bri
Posted By: Angela Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 5th Aug 2011 5:13pm
My two older brothers both went to St Anselms.I think I remember them mentioning a Brother Ambrose, think he may have been the headmaster.Unfortunately, both my brothers are dead so can't ask them if I'm right about this.
Posted By: Thingwall Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 13th Nov 2011 9:41pm
45-50 heh? I was there 71-76 and we still had Stephenson, Furlong and Genin.
Posted By: bri445 Re: St Anselm's College, Prenton - 14th Nov 2011 10:07am
In the 1970s they must have been near retirement. They looked middle-aged in my time there!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral