Forums
Posted By: snowhite Birkenhead pubs - 28th Aug 2020 9:13am
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Birkenhead pubs - 28th Aug 2020 9:57am
Great find Snowy. wink
Quite a few I have not seen before. A shame the one of the Bidston isn't clearer, it looks like fields or allotments behind it. The Pacific looks grand as well. Also, that is the 1st time I have seen The Blossoms, all the old timers still call it that.
It's a shame the pics don't stay up longer because I have to keep pausing it to have a good look, haha!
Posted By: joney Re: Birkenhead pubs - 29th Aug 2020 9:17am
Pity the Old English Gentleman in Price St is not there which is were I was born. However it does include the Lord Exmouth were I lived till I was 21, It was all very interesting and brought back memories of Birkenhead as it was before I moved on.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Birkenhead pubs - 29th Aug 2020 11:29am
The Old English was turned into a cafe and was called The Old English Cafe for a while, which was a very nice one at that. After that it became Cafe Singapore, which was a crap one. Not sure if it is still open though.
Posted By: joney Re: Birkenhead pubs - 31st Aug 2020 9:51am
I made a big mistake with my previous message, I meant to write Irish Gentleman and not English sorry Mikeeb.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Birkenhead pubs - 31st Aug 2020 12:30pm
I had not heard of the Old Irish Gentleman before Joney.
Seems like you are one of the few that remembered it and informed Derek of it. wink
Here is the thread about it, and it still caused a lot of confusion with the Old English, haha!
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Birkenhead pubs - 31st Aug 2020 2:45pm
Ooops! I forgot to add the thread, hahaha!
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...d_Irish_Gentleman_330_Pr.html#Post691084
smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral