Forums
Posted By: Norton Angus Tilston MBE - RIP - 7th Aug 2019 12:47pm
From the 'Merseyside on Film' group page of Facebook -

"Angus Tilston MBE On Capturing Liverpool.

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that the historical film archive collector and local history film and video producer Angus Tilston MBE passed away yesterday.

Angus very kindly gave Merseyside On Film full permission to post any part of his film archive, so that it could be shared freely with our followers. His films have all been a big hit with our viewers.

The LIverpool author, film maker and local historian, was awarded the MBE for services to the Historical Film Industry in the North West.

Angus was an old school gent. He touched the hearts of many, and will be sadly missed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends."

Watching his archive - including Pleasures Past - has given me and many others great pleasure. RiP Angus.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Angus Tilston MBE - RIP - 7th Aug 2019 4:48pm
That is a sad loss indeed, he will be missed.
Posted By: granny Re: Angus Tilston MBE - RIP - 8th Aug 2019 10:46pm

Sad news, and I met Mr Tilston many times. Such a perfect gentleman and a pleasure to have known him. Thank you for your remarkable legacy, Mr Tilston. RIP.
Posted By: locomotive Re: Angus Tilston MBE - RIP - 10th Aug 2019 6:45pm
I have been informed that his funeral is to be held on Thursday the 15th August at 4.00pm at Landigan, I didn't realise he went to the BI 4 years before me, must be getting old.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral