Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper A Fizz From The Past - 30th Jun 2018 7:49pm
Anyone remember these, found it today, buried. Corona stopped production in 1990 but as this is pre-decimalisation it is probably around 50 years old. Think they used to be delivered on the "Pop Wagons" as well or were they only Barr's? Big thick glass because they were re-used.

"Every bubble has passed its fizzical"

Interestingly the same cap (Flavour LOK Patent 975739) appear to have been used on coca-cola bottles as well.

Attached picture IMG_0558-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0559-s.jpg
Posted By: sunnyside Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 11:02am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sunnyside Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 11:09am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greenwood Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 12:17pm
Ah, those were the days! I recall ginger beer being delivered in big earthenware jars/bottles too - don't know what you'd call them.
Posted By: starakita Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 5:17pm
I'm sure cream soda used to be green,it doesn't seem to have the same taste now
Posted By: cools Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 6:24pm
Yes Star I think It was green too it's now white , tastes quite nice but let's face it nothing tastes quite like it used to when we were kids. Remember the excitement of the Alpine man coming , used to and still love Dandeline and Burdock, drinking a glass now ha....
Posted By: starakita Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 9:05pm
It was a treat to have the cream soda with a scoop of ice cream
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 11:13pm
Originally Posted by starakita

+1
Posted By: fish5133 Re: A Fizz From The Past - 1st Jul 2018 11:29pm
Originally Posted by Greenwood
Ah, those were the days! I recall ginger beer being delivered in big earthenware jars/bottles too - don't know what you'd call them.

Bit like this, although you could get larger flagons

Attached picture DSCF1982.JPG
Posted By: Moonstar Re: A Fizz From The Past - 6th Jul 2018 11:42am
Originally Posted by starakita

Made one last weekend but didn't taste as good as the old fashioned cream soda, put too much lemonade in an it fizzed faster than I could drink it, refreshing though.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: A Fizz From The Past - 6th Jul 2018 11:44am

We used to have ginger beer 'plants' which you had to keep dividing to produce the next batch - after a few weeks everyone you knew and didn't know had a plant on the go. Delicious.
Posted By: granny Re: A Fizz From The Past - 6th Jul 2018 11:57am
Originally Posted by Moonstar

We used to have ginger beer 'plants' which you had to keep dividing to produce the next batch - after a few weeks everyone you knew and didn't know had a plant on the go. Delicious.

Dad used to make ginger beer. It was delicious. My gran had a 'pop man' in the 1950's . She used to get a bottle of lemonade when we visited. It was a clear glass bottle with one of those tops that sealed it (can't remember what they're called. ) The lemonade was not a gassy as it is today the taste was so much nicer. I can still taste it.... (amazing what the mind stores away ! )
© Wirral-Wikiwirral