Forums
Posted By: DavidB Not sure if this has been linked ... - 6th Feb 2018 1:17pm
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=959

Skyscraper City, lots of very detailed discussion on what is going on in Liverpool construction/development, and surrounding areas.
Posted By: venice Re: Not sure if this has been linked ... - 6th Feb 2018 4:01pm
Interesting thanks.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Not sure if this has been linked ... - 6th Feb 2018 6:09pm
I find their enthusiasm for skyscrapers a bit childish. I much prefer low-rise myself. All the tall buildings in Liverpool are at best undistinguished and most are downright ugly. I feel very sorry for the people in the 'Bread' streets above what was Herculaneum dock. They have a particularly vile example built right in front of them blotting out the landscape.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Not sure if this has been linked ... - 6th Feb 2018 6:34pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I find their enthusiasm for skyscrapers a bit childish. I much prefer low-rise myself. All the tall buildings in Liverpool are at best undistinguished and most are downright ugly. I feel very sorry for the people in the 'Bread' streets above what was Herculaneum dock. They have a particularly vile example built right in front of them blotting out the landscape.

+1

I'd prefer to live underground, no idea why they don't build downwards more, there a plenty of buildings with more than seven stories below ground but rarely are these accommodation or regular businesses.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Not sure if this has been linked ... - 7th Feb 2018 10:42am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I feel very sorry for the people in the 'Bread' streets above what was Herculaneum dock. They have a particularly vile example built right in front of them blotting out the landscape.

Hardly "blotting out the landscape" - the roofline doesn't even block the view and you can still see Wirral and the Welsh hills beyond:

https://tinyurl.com/y8pnh635

If anything they're probably happier they don't have the noise or the sounds of a dock.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral