Forums
Posted By: granny Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 10:41am
Ok, we are Wirral but many started off in Liverpool or worked in Liverpool.
Some footage of how it used to be. Not so many people and cars about .

[youtube]bGK_pCEEJpA[/youtube]
Posted By: cools Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 10:49am
Funny you bringing up that video Granny, I was only looking at the Birkenhead one with all its memories yesterday . Love looking at them it looked lot calmer place then and nicer to live in me thinks .
Posted By: venice Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 11:02am
Thanks Granny. Very moving. Loved the music even more.A track I havent heard for years and had never really taken in the lyrics.How well matched to the vid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 11:29am
Great stuff Granny. Thanks. Brilliant shots. I agree with Venice - just the right track to go with it!
Posted By: granny Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 11:29am
Thanks girls. The song is very appropriate.

N.B. the island in the Scotland Road image, with two sets of public w.c's going downwards. Hard to imagine now that they were considered safe to use and they probably were too. How society has changed.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 11:37am
Love the video Granny thanks for sharing.
Liverpool is an amazing city.Alot of tourists vist it all year.
mostly Mathew Street and the beatles place called ....THE CAVERN
Posted By: Salmon Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 12:06pm
A great video there Granny, many memories. In 1962 I worked on 6th floor of Liver Buildings and we overlooked the Strand junction with Water Street. There was a policeman controlling the traffic from a raised box. We would hear him sometimes roar at an offending motorist to stop and he would simply leave the traffic to get on with it while he strolled over to berate the offender.
Always entertaining.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 12:17pm
[youtube]v=lDkJzPDSt4A[/youtube] Here is another video i found.,
Posted By: chriskay Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 2:38pm
Maybe it's just my age and the brain slowing down, but I wish the first video hadn't been so fast; it was impossible to see much detail in the shots. It would have been better if each shot had lasted, perhaps, four times as long. The song was delightful; I've never heard it before. The second, Victorian, video is great.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 2:50pm
Chris
You could slow it down using
http://www.youtubeslow.com/

Then you past the URL which is
https://youtu.be/bGK_pCEEJpA

Then you can make it as slow as you wish.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 3:12pm
As its just a sequence of stills, use the pause button.

One click link for Salmon's suggestion is HERE
Posted By: granny Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 3:25pm
Love the Victorian video Snowhite. So much covered in it, even Leasowe. The parade and the Rose Queen were quite brilliant. Was the camera the best ever invention ?

Posted By: cools Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 3:58pm
Nice one Snowy.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 4:28pm
Thanks, Salmon/DD: that's better. Pity you lose the music though.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 7:08pm
Two really interesting videos. I really enjoyed them both,so thanks Granny and Snowhite for posting them.The first one took me back a bit with the shot of Queen Square wholesale fruit market, I used to work there in the early 1950's it's a bit scary when I think of how long ago that was.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Liverpool Video - 14th Sep 2015 8:37pm
Great stuff . "Times they are a changing" Moved up here in 1966 from London and on my first ever visit to Liverpool we got train to smokey old Liverpool Central walked out into the street at the very moment they switched the Xmas lights on--what a welcome.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral