Forums
Posted By: cathie Valley Road - 22nd Aug 2013 9:47pm
I work for Park Group, Valley Rd, better known as Park Hampers. When in the office alone a few of us have got the feeling the place is haunted. Would anyone know what was there before the industrial buildings were built and if anyone has died in that area before and after it became Park.

Thanks
Posted By: 47fld Re: Valley Road - 22nd Aug 2013 10:14pm
The docker,s social club my wife says......
Posted By: davew3 Re: Valley Road - 22nd Aug 2013 10:33pm
Thought it was Glassfibre? Ltd who had that site.
Posted By: juhu69 Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 6:35am
There is currently planining permission for the land at the side and shows that there were settlements on the land from 6000 - 4000 bc. 1967 - 1972 it was Birkenhead docks sports ground ans social centre
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/Docs/DMZfiles/19143_1.pdf
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 7:46am
Not sure if it's the same site, but I think there may have been a factory that built 3 wheel cars.
Also I think Tranmere Rovers had training grounds around there
Posted By: Boyzonegirl Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 7:54am
am working Park at the moment and have done for many years on and off and have to agree it can be abit spooky defo when your walking through the warehouse and the lights are off, would be interesting to learn more about the history of the place
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 8:12am
don't worry, there are no such thing as ghosts,you'll be fine wink
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 8:37am
It's only natural that a place would feel spooky if you are there of a late evening when all the hustle and bustle and lights of a busy factory have stopped and there is a dead silence and only the odd light showing. I've had that feeling myself when I had to go back to my office in the empty barely lit factory after midnight by myself.
Old tales of a part near my office called Gerry's corner where a man was supposed to have hung himself suddenly came to mind.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 9:28am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
don't worry, there are no such thing as ghosts,you'll be fine wink

I agree, but I'd hate to think anyone's work was being hampered.
Posted By: joney Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 10:02am
You are correct derekdwc, Vernons Industies owned by Gordon Sangster of Vernons Pools had a factory there that made the Gordon 3 wheel car and the Invicar for handicapped people. They
also had government contracts for compressors for the air force.
When I was there we where on piece work so we where too busy too look out for ghosts.
Posted By: YinYang Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 11:20am
Originally Posted by bert1
...I'd hate to think anyone's work was being hampered.

Nice one bert! raftl
Posted By: manic28_am Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 11:38am
I heard that the land was once used as an old ancient indian burial ground. I knew a girl called Carol Anne who used to work there. She ran a mile after her experience. Just keep an eye on the backs of cupboards or lockers as that can be used an an entrance to the 'other dimension'. Call Tangina (she's a medium) for help.

Either that or I'm imagining the Poltergeist film again. Happens all the time.
Posted By: YinYang Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 12:01pm
Originally Posted by manic28_am
I heard that the land was once used as an old ancient indian burial ground. I knew a girl called Carol Anne who used to work there. She ran a mile after her experience. Just keep an eye on the backs of cupboards or lockers as that can be used an an entrance to the 'other dimension'. Call Tangina (she's a medium) for help.

Either that or I'm imagining the Poltergeist film again. Happens all the time.

Too much tequila. Not good. Gives you worms as well...

I always though it was mainly engine sheds around that area.
Posted By: 8HBob Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 2:41pm
The engine shed at Bidston was a bit further up ,where the two football pitches at the sports centre now occupy.

Bob.
Posted By: suejn Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 4:25pm
Hi worked there for a few years in the offices when it was Fibreglass, can't say anyone ever mentioned anything.
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Valley Road - 23rd Aug 2013 9:23pm
Hi Suejn, I am suprised nobody has remembered Garfield Weston's Bakery, called "Luxury Loaf" I worked there in the 1970s as a Slicer Operator, the factory was the last building before the Dockers club directly opposite the boating lake, the Dunlop tyre factory was also amongst the many industrial firms, that was once a thriving community, funny when you mentioned "Fibreglass" I could'nt help but recall that on my dinner break, overhear the workers complain of splinters, from the fibreglass they worked with, caused rashes and discomfort, I did sympathisewith them. bring back any memories?
Posted By: Norton Re: Valley Road - 24th Aug 2013 2:33pm
Wasn't BOC gas down there somewhere? When they closed the building was used by MFI, before they in turn moved to Bidston Moss, near B&Q.
Posted By: Raymondoj Re: Valley Road - 26th Aug 2013 7:37pm
As a matter of interest before the war an uncle of mine went across what was fields then to pinch some coal from the Bidston railway yard. He came home empty handed as he swore that as he was walking across the field a figure in white came towards him. It scared him that much that he dropped the sack and ran home.
Posted By: YinYang Re: Valley Road - 27th Aug 2013 11:37am
Originally Posted by Raymondoj
...as he was walking across the field a figure in white came towards him. It scared him that much that he dropped the sack and ran home.

http://cleantechnica.com/files/2009/07/cow.jpg dunno
Posted By: Longnails Re: Valley Road - 28th Aug 2013 12:40pm
My Sister worked in an office as a punch card operator for a company in Valley Road, late 70's to early eighties, can't remember the name of it though. All I recall is that one of her colleagues was called Margie who lived off Borough Rd.
Also I do know that there was a hamper packing company based there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral