Forums
Posted By: billy_anorak59 HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 12:31pm
Might be of interest?

Found this:
Mail Online - HMS Caroline

The link with Wirral is she was built in Birkenhead in 1914 by Lairds, and is the last survivor of the Battle of Jutland.
Posted By: cameraman Re: HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 1:16pm
She was in use until recently as RNR unit. got a lot of mates who served on her. The facebook group friends of HMS Caroline have been fighting to save her
Posted By: davew3 Re: HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 1:56pm
Shame they couldn't do the same for HMS Plymouth waiting in the docks for a trip to a foreign scrappy.
Posted By: 8HBob Re: HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 6:06pm
This ship is earmarked to end up at Portsmouth Dockyard as part of the historic warship collection.

Bob.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 6:16pm
Is this the ship that disrupted my route through Birkenhead this morning? Maybe on it's on way to Belfast from Birkenhead. If it was, it's so pretty but didn't half put me in a bad mood making me late for work.
Posted By: cameraman Re: HMS Caroline - 11th Feb 2013 9:47pm
That was an RFA vessel "FORT ROSALIE"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFA_Fort_Rosalie_(A385)
She's a support vessel for the Royal Navy and other foreign Navies. She was in transit from the ship repair yard by Poulton bridge to Lairds and is currently berthed next to another ship RFA WAVE RULER. I served on WAVE RULER in 2004 as part of a Royal Navy Ships Protection team.
Posted By: davew3 Re: HMS Caroline - 12th Feb 2013 5:33pm
Originally Posted by 8HBob
This ship is earmarked to end up at Portsmouth Dockyard as part of the historic warship collection.

Bob.

According to my sources the ship HMS Plymouth was destined for Plymouth but I understand Peel Holdings wanted £1000s pounds in parking fee's, before releasing it, last I heard they brought in a Turkish scrappy and negotiations may still be ongoing.
Posted By: 8HBob Re: HMS Caroline - 12th Feb 2013 5:44pm
Originally Posted by davew3
Originally Posted by 8HBob

Bob.

According to my sources the ship HMS Plymouth was destined for Plymouth but I understand Peel Holdings wanted £1000s pounds in parking fee's, before releasing it, last I heard they brought in a Turkish scrappy and negotiations may still be ongoing.

No, it's Caroline which is going to Portsmouth - eventually.

Bob.

Posted By: marjack126 Re: HMS Caroline - 12th Feb 2013 10:48pm
Caroline is staying in Belfast

HMS Caroline WWI warship to stay in Belfast
Posted By: marjack126 Re: HMS Caroline - 12th Feb 2013 10:49pm
Funding bid for World War One ship
© Wirral-Wikiwirral