Forums
Posted By: madrob look at these old news papers - 4th Jan 2013 8:10pm
old news papers

Attached picture IMG_1149.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1150.JPG
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: look at these old news papers - 4th Jan 2013 8:54pm
:)They are fab Madrob ,where did you get them from
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: look at these old news papers - 4th Jan 2013 9:10pm
couldn't you have broken it a bit more gently to us !
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: look at these old news papers - 4th Jan 2013 9:19pm
the night the news broke of Elvis dying I was on Rock Ferry station and i thought someone said Paisley was dead (which i took as Bob)...got there in the end.

I heard John Lennon got shot when i was at university at Lancaster, Could just about tune in to Radio City from there to hear it all unfolding. Remember a bloke from Liverpool being quoted as saying "he should never have left we would never have done that to him".... funny in some ways but true in another,with him being kiled in a city he felt comfortable in.

I guess these two deaths were the equivalent to me of where were you when Kennedy was shot? .....no , not on a grassy knoll!
Posted By: madrob Re: look at these old news papers - 5th Jan 2013 12:00am
i got them from me mum more to come be shocked
Posted By: Stegga Re: look at these old news papers - 5th Jan 2013 11:00am
Time Computers must have paid some money to be on two "earth shattering headline" newspapers. And in the 70's, so early on in the development of PC computer technology!
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: look at these old news papers - 5th Jan 2013 11:20am
And the phone number given for Time Computers is 01282 - the Burnley area code post-1995!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: look at these old news papers - 5th Jan 2013 3:03pm
I was having breakfast in the Meridien Hotel in Khartoum when I heard John Lennon had been shot.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: look at these old news papers - 5th Jan 2013 7:21pm
Brilliant memories..... the papers look in great condition aswell!
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: look at these old news papers - 6th Jan 2013 11:21pm
Look like reprints
© Wirral-Wikiwirral