Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 11:08am

Hoylake baths, I loved it there, but boy, it was cold...

Attached picture hoylake-baths-slide.jpg
Posted By: venice Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 1:01pm
Went there with the school every week. My worst nightmare --so cold it froze my brain and I couldnt pay attention to anything she said!!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 2:35pm
I always reckoned the Derby to be even colder than Hoylake.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 4:29pm
I didn't go to Hoylake Baths much. I too found it frigid and there was something very old about it. The Derby was cold too but at you could bake upstairs. The NB pool was a mile above any other. In retrospect. The Best Days of My Life.
Posted By: granny Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 6:37pm
Hoylake baths always seemed shady and cold when I went as child /young adult, although didn't go too many times to that one. Didn't like New Brighton, seemed too vast.Loved Harrison Drive (Derby). Cold but as softshoes says, jolly hot on the veranda. Lovely sun tans! Then a group of us into the sandhills afterwards, to sing along to a guitar.
They'd be moved on now for causing unnecessary noise or be under suspicion for loitering! It was a carefree life we had.
Feel sorry for the youngsters these days.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 6:40pm
when did hoylake baths close?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Hoylake Baths - 3rd Nov 2012 8:50pm
It closed finally in 1981 but had almost closed in 1977 and was saved by local residents getting together and keeping it going.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Hoylake Baths - 4th Nov 2012 8:04am
It seemed warm enough late at night with a young lady! :-)
Posted By: kimpri Re: Hoylake Baths - 4th Nov 2012 12:12pm
Originally Posted by Tatey
It seemed warm enough late at night with a young lady! :-)
midnight skinny dipping
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Hoylake Baths - 4th Nov 2012 1:21pm
I would have thought that the cold water would have precluded any amorous shenanigans.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral