Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 11:49am

Seacombe Ferry bus depot looking towards St Pauls. brasseys pub is the white building, now sadly gone. They served a great pint there. the cellars were rumoured to have stretched right out to where the photographer would be standing

Attached picture seacombeferrywithbrasseys.jpg
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 2:51pm
Brilliant picture. I live at the end of the road that st Paul's church is on and I've never seen it with the point intact. I'm kind of hoping they reinstall it whilst they are carrying out the work!
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 3:00pm
My Father (Norman Thompson) was Landlord at The Marine Hotel (Brasseys) around about the late fifties - early sixties - so probably when that picture was taken.

I was quite young at the time but do not have any recollection of the size of the cellars.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 3:02pm
Looks as if the railway station was still intact
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 8:17pm
Pablo you have the best photo's ever. Where do you get them all from?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 8:24pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Brilliant picture. I live at the end of the road that st Paul's church is on and I've never seen it with the point intact. I'm kind of hoping they reinstall it whilst they are carrying out the work!
they are renovating the steeple to its former full height.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Seacombe Ferry - 31st Oct 2012 8:28pm
Re. the cellars under Brasseys. The ground give way, a few years back, due to heavy rainfall.

Gangs of kids were climbing down there and the cellar wasn't that big apparently.
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Seacombe Ferry - 1st Nov 2012 9:09am
Originally Posted by Chorizo

I remember putting some money for the steeple. I think it was back in the seventies. They never fixed it though
© Wirral-Wikiwirral