Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 5:40am

This is labelled, top of School Lane, Wallasey village, but I think it's Folly Gut. Anyone know?

Attached picture topofschoollanewallvill.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 6:38am
iam in the right area in my mind, but cant get to grips exactly were this is...
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 6:48am
I think School Lane would be opposite on the other side of the road, just out of view to the right. I could be wrong though Mark
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 7:07am
yes school lane goes down, this could be around were the tennis courts are by the cheese, thats were iam thinking anyway. you always get me thinking on these, and its far to early pablo, ive a days work to go yet...lol
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 7:23am
Ha, I'm off for a bit now
Posted By: marty99fred Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 10:08am
The half-timbered building was at the very end of Breck Road on the corner of School Lane, which as you say is just off to the right of the picture, and facing the bottom of Church Hill. If my memory serves me correctly, it was demolished in the 1920s or 30s when the road was widened to make the bend by the Cheshire Cheese less dangerous for motor vehicles.
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 2:31pm
Nice one Marty
Posted By: j_demo Re: Top of School Lane - 7th Aug 2012 3:38pm
i used to liv on school lane (bottom bit by mosslands) this photo is taken from by the cheshire cheese pub (which would be just off the photo to the right) and the church would be directly behind the photographer

school lane would be going off at about 2:00 in that picture.

edit: and where the bus stop is by the cheshire cheese is where the lamp post is in the picture
© Wirral-Wikiwirral