Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Hoylake Road, Bidston - 17th Jul 2012 7:23pm

Hoylake Road, going through Bidston Village 1925.

This was before the Ford Estate and the M53

Attached picture hoylakerdbidston1925.jpg
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Hoylake Road, Bidston - 18th Jul 2012 1:26pm
Wow I can picture this, be good to get a google earth view of how it is now for comparison!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Hoylake Road, Bidston - 18th Jul 2012 1:36pm
That's a brilliant photo - crime what has happenned to Bidston Village especially!

Even station road isnt there and my old house on Statham road is just the bottom of someone's garden.
Posted By: birch_jl Re: Hoylake Road, Bidston - 15th Aug 2012 11:13pm
If you look into the very far distance (top right), is that the Hillbark when it used to be located on the mops? Wow, I could look at that photo all day. I live on the Ford estate, looking at that is astonishing, brilliant photo pablo, thanks
Posted By: bigpete Re: Hoylake Road, Bidston - 16th Sep 2013 2:00pm
Originally Posted by johnsonjl
If you look into the very far distance (top right), is that the Hillbark when it used to be located on the mops? Wow, I could look at that photo all day. I live on the Ford estate, looking at that is astonishing, brilliant photo pablo, thanks

Better eyes than me - but yes you can just see the end of Eleanor Road and the 'v' formed by Vyner road and Ford Hill.
It was called Bidston Court then, of course - only receiving the name Hillbark when it moved replacing an older Hillbark on the site.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral