Forums
Posted By: dave_g spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 7:53pm
heard the story on the news the other day about a british farmer that has found 20 brand new crated spitfires buried in burma.think its amazing stuff like this happens and hope the government make sure they come home.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 8:01pm
never heard the story myself, but yes quite amazing. i wonder if they will put them back in service. max
Posted By: bert1 Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 8:03pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rma-during-war-to-be-returned-to-UK.html
Posted By: dave_g Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 8:12pm
Originally Posted by Max1967
never heard the story myself, but yes quite amazing. i wonder if they will put them back in service. max

you never know with all these cuts!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 8:51pm
seriously, i know we have nothing here if we needed it, there all abroard. perhaps we start the campagin here dave, bring back the spits. hoorah.
Posted By: dave_g Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 9:32pm
all pilots must have a handlebar moustache and say things like "spiffing old chap"!or they cant fly...
Posted By: Little_B Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 9:57pm
I say bloody well done for finding such a stash these machines kept us alive in such a dark time and should never be forgotten or left to rust.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spitfires - 19th Apr 2012 10:41pm
Wizard prang, what ?
Posted By: Tatey Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 7:14am
"Your turn to make the cocoa Snotty"
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 9:08am
tally ho......achtung spitfire!
Posted By: dave_h Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 9:24am
Originally Posted by dave_g
heard the story on the news the other day about a british farmer that has found 20 brand new crated spitfires buried in burma.think its amazing stuff like this happens and hope the government make sure they come home.

any links/references mate?
Posted By: dave_h Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 9:26am
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by dave_g

any links/references mate?

i need to read right through these posts properly... i was far too excited though guys x
Posted By: ponytail Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 10:11am
Very reminescent. Excellent news for our airshows and memorial flights.
I wonder what funding will bring them back home!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/l...later-last-seen-during-wwii-video-73487/
Posted By: dave_g Re: spitfires - 20th Apr 2012 5:56pm
if they are all in good nick it will bring the value of the 35 or so air worthy spits down wont it? there is mention of another load (supposedly around 200) in one of the stories about this.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral