Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 1:23am

I think this is Dock Road in Wallasey. Anybody got any better ideas

Attached picture 906.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 5:55am
If that was Wallasey dock rd the water would be on the left in the pic, or am I being a dipstick, I'm thinking more up Bromborough way?
Posted By: Hoofhearted Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 6:02am
The caption on this picture (906)on website you got it from is 'F.A.Frost & Sons Ellesmere Port.
On Page 7 of the Birkenhead selection. sherlock
Posted By: bert1 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 6:38am
Does it matter where Pablo gets them from, they encourage discussion and activates brain cells that would otherwise lay dormant.
Posted By: red40 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 6:42am
To me it looks like the Manchester Ship Canal, possibly around the, or just before the boat museum. confused
Posted By: Duxdeluxe Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 7:11am
That is the Ship canal, looking down on Merseyton Road, the big building was Lyjons back in the 70s and the road in the bottom left is probably where the Motorway is now
Posted By: Hoofhearted Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 7:34am
http://www.20thcenturyimages.co.uk/trolleyed/4/21/244/index.htm

Here you are, fill your boots.
Why nostalgically look at third hand pictures posted by Pablo42 when you can see the originals on the above website.
Nothing mysterious about them, they are all captioned.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 7:57am
Nothing new about that site and a lot of us on here have been aware of it for many years along with many other sites. On here is a place to discuss them and sometimes that goes further than just the photo. As far as I know Pablo has never claimed the photos are his work, doesn't claim any fame, just puts them up for discussion and debate and there's nothing wrong with trying to rekindle memories.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 8:17am
Well I would rather look at selected photos that a member has posted and not trawl through the whole website. As Bert says, Pablo has not made any claim to these photos and if you want to investigate information on the photo and also post it, that's interesting too!
Originally Posted by Hoofhearted

Why nostalgically look at third hand pictures posted by Pablo42 when you can see the originals on the above website.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 8:55am

If Pablo42 captioned them, they wouldn't start so much interesting discussion. He realises that, why don't you?
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 9:22am
If I know a photos geneology, I credit the photo. I was sent these photos, like most of them I put up. Because a lot of folk know I'm from Wallasey, they send photos of the area. Most I recognise and label, some, like this one, I never recognised.

Sorry if me not knowing where they are offends folk, likewise, sorry if they are on another site.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 9:24am

hi halfhearted LOOK! i like the way pablo42 puts the pictures on here it brings back peoples memories, like the the grange road west picture! it reminded me of working in beno dorns tailors in the 8os. SO stop picking faults!! cheers mike. thumbsup
Posted By: rosieb Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 9:34am
well said mikethetrainman keep them coming pablo
Posted By: taylor4898 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 10:35am
Yer keep them coming Pablo,plenty of members like your photo's.
Posted By: buddy Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 10:38am
Looking forward to more photos Pablo
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 9:10pm
You have no reason to say sorry Pablo, it's just one member with a bee in his/her bonnet!
Originally Posted by pablo42
If I know a photos geneology, I credit the photo. I was sent these photos, like most of them I put up. Because a lot of folk know I'm from Wallasey, they send photos of the area. Most I recognise and label, some, like this one, I never recognised.

Sorry if me not knowing where they are offends folk, likewise, sorry if they are on another site.
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 10:31pm
I've got quite a few and it takes a bit of time going through them. I forget which ones I put up too. I have tried doing searches to see if the photo has been posted before, but gave up on that as far too time consuming.
I've got thousands of photos of Liverpool if anyone wants to see owt in particular. Most of them are from the LRO, but quite a few I know not from where they come from
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 10:43pm
Just keep 'em coming please Pablo. They are great pictures and brim full of interesting detail and memory jolts. I couldn't give a monkey's where they orginated, I am grateful to YOU for putting them up. Without YOU, we probably would never have seen them. End of !!!!!

Thanks.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Ellesmere Port - 6th Apr 2012 10:44pm
yes i thought that as well Pablo thumbsup
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Ellesmere Port - 7th Apr 2012 12:27am
Yes Pablo....keep them coming. Don't be put off by some negativity. Your insight and images mean a lot to us.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Ellesmere Port - 7th Apr 2012 9:01am
Pablo = Hero.
Hoofhearted = Nitpicking Zero.
Keep them coming please Pablo.
Posted By: lestom Re: Ellesmere Port - 7th Apr 2012 10:50pm
I also like your Photo's Pabs.
Carry on posting.
Posted By: torryman Re: Ellesmere Port - 8th Apr 2012 8:19pm
Just keep 'em coming Pablo...very interesting
Posted By: rosieb Re: Ellesmere Port - 8th Apr 2012 8:30pm
keep them coming well said peps
© Wirral-Wikiwirral