[Linked Image]
British Rail Westerm Region Timetable January 1965- June 1965

[Linked Image]
British Rail London Midland Region Timetable 1967-1968

[Linked Image]
British Rail London Midland Region Timetable 1965-1966

[Linked Image]
British Rail Eastern Region Timetable 1972/73

I have more I just need to photo/scan them!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A few treasures from my timetable collection - 3rd Apr 2012 1:54pm
I used to buy the LM Region timetable every year. Although it doesn't show in the picture, they were thicker than a bonzoid telephone directory. A weighty tome to carry around. Good value for 2/6d. You could use it as a door stop !
the thicker one is the 65/66 and because of the B*****d Dr. Beeching the 67/68 is thinner due the amount of branch lines/stations he closed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A few treasures from my timetable collection - 3rd Apr 2012 2:21pm
Dr Beeching !!!! Please do NOT use foul language on this forum. That grinning, rotund buffoon had a lot to answer for. Sorry - heading off-topic! grin
Nice one Luke
Posted By: bazzoh Re: A few treasures from my timetable collection - 3rd Apr 2012 9:47pm
*puts tin hat on and takes cover*
at least he got rid of the smelly and inefficient kettles!

btw i have no real preferance!

ps would love to have a preserved steam railway instead of the wirral way!
Originally Posted by bazzoh

ps would love to have a preserved steam railway instead of the wirral way!

Wouldn't that be great. smile
Posted By: bazzoh Re: A few treasures from my timetable collection - 4th Apr 2012 11:47am
certainly would! there was talk a few years ago of a short stretch between hooton and hadlow road - i say rebuild the lot!
Posted By: 8HBob Re: A few treasures from my timetable collection - 4th Apr 2012 1:29pm
Had it been in Wirral & not Cheshire it could have happened in the 70's. The whole stretch from Hooton to Willaston is away from built-up areas, apart from the nimby's houses at Willaston. It would be an absolute doddle to reinstate.

Bob.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral