Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 8:06am

The plaque on the door of the original Iron Door club in Liverpool. This was the birth place of the Mersey Beat. How many of you remember going there. It used to be a bit different getting home from Liverpool in them days. The Tunnel bus run every hour from Birkenhead Tunnel entrance and dropped you in Birkenhead. It was a very entertaining ride to say the least...

Attached picture 666250px-IronDoorClubPlaque.jpg
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 8:08am

A membership card from the Iron Door. All clubs had a membership in those days. You couldn't just walk in like you can today. There was also a strict dress code. I remember that you had to wear a tie and shoes

Attached picture 666irondoormembership.jpg
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 8:10am

A band inside the Iron Door

Attached picture 666rockersatdoor.jpg
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 8:13am

The Iron Door in Temple Street 1960s

Attached picture 8888irondoortemple1960s.jpg
Posted By: petethebike Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 1:20pm
I think the chap in the glasses inthe photo of the band is Brian Jones,sax player with The Undertakers.I'll ask my old mate "Singingbob" for confirmation as he is still in touch with Brian.
Posted By: buddy Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 1:50pm
Originally Posted by petethebike
I think the chap in the glasses inthe photo of the band is Brian Jones,sax player with The Undertakers.I'll ask my old mate "Singingbob" for confirmation as he is still in touch with Brian.

That's him OK - used to play with my brother
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 2:49pm
Originally Posted by petethebike

Nice one Peter. Love it when the photos are padded out
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Iron Door Club - 8th Dec 2011 8:10pm
Originally Posted by pablo42
[Linked Image]

A band inside the Iron Door

The original photo showing all the band. The 'audience' must have been superimposed at some time.

Attached picture undertakers_iron_door.jpg
Posted By: torryman Re: Iron Door Club - 9th Dec 2011 12:14am
Yes that's the original line up of the Undertakers....
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Iron Door Club - 10th Dec 2011 1:51pm
Nice one Nightwalker, how odd is that
Posted By: petethebike Re: Iron Door Club - 10th Dec 2011 7:15pm
When "singingbob" and I played,would have loved an appreciating audience,superimposed or not!
He's still at it,I may be talked into it with loads of beer or promises of eternal love.Actually,a couple of pints wouldn't leave anyone disappointed!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral