Forums
Posted By: lemonhead wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 7:40pm
does anybody remember the parade that used to go through liscard, i always remember in the mid 80s, as a kid, we used to stand by the old Kwik Save and watch them all go passed and then upto the wirral show, does any1 know where it started from, and has any1 got any old photos
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 8:11pm
It used to start at the old bus depot on Seaview Road.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 8:19pm
I was once on one of the floats,will look for the pics!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 8:32pm
i was on a float as well. thought they only had a parade once?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 8:39pm
are you sure it started from the bus depot, it used to pass through liscard and up Seaview Road to New Brighton
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 6th Jul 2011 9:59pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
are you sure it started from the bus depot, it used to pass through liscard and up Seaview Road to New Brighton

The year I was on a float (?1985) it definitely did; I think we went down Seaview Road to Wallasey Road and then up Belvidere Road; it mightn't have been the same every year though.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 7th Jul 2011 7:30am
yes defo started at bus depot, where asda is now
and if i remeber correctly it went via liscard & wallasey village on the way to new brighton,

we used to stand at top of edinburgh road and watch it, the people on floats used to throw sweets and stuff for the kids
Posted By: lemonhead Re: wirral show parade through liscard - 19th Jul 2011 9:21pm
Originally Posted by free_spirit
yes defo started at bus depot, where asda is now
and if i remeber correctly it went via liscard & wallasey village on the way to new brighton,

we used to stand at top of edinburgh road and watch it, the people on floats used to throw sweets and stuff for the kids

i remember getting loads of free milk shakes one time
© Wirral-Wikiwirral