Forums
Here is a strange one and I hope I am not the only one that has a memory of this because it sounds weird. In 1960-61 Myself and other apprentices from the factory where I worked (Aabacas Engineering at the tunnel entrance on Grange road) went to the Grosvenor Ballroom in Wallasey just about every Wednesday night. The steady group was Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, with Ringo Starr on drums, before he joined the Beatles. To get to the strange bit, every so often a girl would get a little too involved with the music and strip in front of everyone. The management would quickly run out and cover her with a blanket. The boys at the dance would form a ring around her so the management could not see what was going on. Turned out not to be a good plan because the girl was upset she was not seen by enough people, so she took to getting up on a table and doing it. Being so obvious she was quickly hustled out. Does anyone remember? Who says things were dull in the old days!
I was never so lucky Terry, every time i went there with the mates it was like grab a granny night. Now it wouldn't bother me.
Bert, you are right, the girls were a little more experienced. Not a bad thing, where did you go for the younger ones?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral