Forums

Clicky

A remarkable building, with some remarkable views ; what a remarkable opportunity! The cottage comprises a 3/4 bed single storey cottage with lounge, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and 3/4 bedrooms. This property is in need of refurbishment and both this and lighthouse are Grade II listed (as such improvements will require both English Heritage and Local Authority planning approval)..

GROUND FLOOR TO THE COTTAGE

Bidston Lighhouse and Keepers Cottages were built in 1872. Built of stone block with a 'rockface' finish. Three floors are connected by a spiral stone staircase to the 2nd level and thereafter by a steep wooden staircase to the 'Lamp room'. This Lamp room has an enormous window in line with Leasowe lighthouse and there is access to an external gallery with cast iron railings surrounding the upper structure. (For health and safety reasons this will not be open during viewings). This gallery is clearly visible. The lighthouse became obsolete and was discontinued in 1913. An amazing 'vantage point to absorb in the view and the history!.

With a porch leading to a front door to the hall which is some 36ft in length and with a radiator and living accommodation as follows:.

ROOM 1

3.56m(11'8'') x 2.74m(9'0'')
Two windows, telephone point and radiator. Also with a view on to the lighthouse and over to Bidston Hill..

ROOM 2

3.66m(12'0'') x 3.28m(10'9'')
With a window..

CLOAKS

3.35m(11'0'') x 2.44m(8'0'')
With three windows..

ROOM 3

3.78m(12'5'') x 3.73m(12'3'')
With matching windows..

ROOM 4

3.78m(12'5'') x 3.66m(12'0'')
With matching windows..

ROOM 5

3.66m(12'0'') x 3.28m(10'9'')
This measures up to the chimney breast..

KITCHEN/UTILITY

3.35m(11'0'') x 1.83m(6'0'')
With a wall heater and radiator and with bathroom off..

BATHROOM

3.66m(12'0'') x 1.83m(6'0'')
With a three piece suite, windows and electric radiator and windows..

ROOM 6

3.61m(11'10'') x 3.28m(10'9'')

With two windows, radiators, storage with the measurement measuring up to the chimney breast. A further door leads to a boiler room with a combi boiler; blocked access which originally lead into the lighthouse..

OUTSIDE

Sandstone walled garden. A drive sweeps around the lighthouse and cottage with parking opportunities by the entrance porch..

LIGHTHOUSE DETAILS

Double opening timber doors open to the ground floor of the lighthouse. There is a recess which has original access to the Keepers cottages which is bricked up but could be reopened giving access to the cottage. There's a stone floor and windows either side of the stone built central staircase. Stairs with rope rail leads to the first floor. Further spiral stone stairs then lead to the second floor where already the panoramic view from Wales up to Lancashire becomes more evident. Notice there are more windows at this level. A wooden staircase leads to the third floor Lamp room which naturally enjoys spectacular views! At this level there is access to the external balcony. (Currently out of use)..

ASSURANCES AND WARRANTIES:

We have not tested any services nor appliances and cannot give any assurances or warranties as to their condition or reliability.
All measurements are approximate..

DIRECTIONS:

Continue along Bidston Road passed the Royal Ladies Golf Club which turns into Boundary Road and through the the traffic lights. Continue along Boundary Road coming to a junction, go straight across the junction and turn immediately first left up a long private drive leading to the lighthouse and Bidston Observatory, continue straight up to the very top - parking where there is a sign: Private Property..

Attached picture li8f79~1.jpg
Attached picture light0~2.jpg
Attached picture light0~3.jpg
Attached picture light0~4.jpg
Attached picture bia93d~1.jpg
Attached picture bia927~1.jpg
Attached picture biad27~1.jpg
Attached picture @cotta~1.jpg
Attached picture bia14d~1.jpg
Attached picture bia54d~1.jpg
Attached picture bia127~1.jpg
Attached picture biad3d~1.jpg
£150k and I bet they took the bulbs too.....
That seems like a bargain for someone!
Be nice up in light house in the summer smile
wow ! would beat living in a crappy 2 up 2 down for that money !!!
Wish I had the money cos I would snap it up
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bidston Lighthouse FOR SALE! ------- £150,000 - 4th Nov 2010 8:08pm
Unless there's a snag in the small print somewhere, it does seem a snip at the price. (Inverts Piggybank and shakes the living daylights out of it !!!) Dream on !
That's cool. All you'd need is a saw to cut your furniture into circles.
If i win the Euromillions tomorrow i'll be buying it :0)
Posted By: mando Re: Bidston Lighthouse FOR SALE! ------- £150,000 - 7th Nov 2010 12:53am
i rang up as i am very interested in this.. and was told that the people who are currently renting is have been given first refusal.. and they been given a week to do it.. was also told that the house need a complete refurb and not just the kitchen and bathroom... they gonna get back in touch next week if it still on the market and open for viewings...
Just sold my flat for that much. Any secure parking at that location.
Probably a massive repair and refurbish bill around the corner and tied into the deal. Wasn't New Brighton lighthouse sold for £1 in the late 70's on a similar contract?
Bollox....Just bought a bungalow for more than that!!!!!!
I thought that some developement company bought this a couple of years back - if they're selling it on then I wouldn't touch it. If it was worth anything they'd hold onto it - ditto the tenants.
This'd be a great aprt to live with 2 issues:

1. The refurb that's obviously required but that's reflected in the cheap price.

2. The trouble you're guarenteed to get living there - Biddy Hill is scally central at night and I'd hate to put up with the inevitable stealing and vandalism frown
"The redundant light tower would be perfect for machine gun and sniper rifle with nite scope and silencer!!!!" HE THINKS OUT LOUD.....! lamethrower skull
Originally Posted by hoseman
"The redundant light tower would be perfect for machine gun and sniper rifle with nite scope and silencer!!!!" HE THINKS OUT LOUD.....! lamethrower skull

That's one way to deal with the scally problem...
Posted By: scoops Re: Bidston Lighthouse FOR SALE! ------- £150,000 - 12th Nov 2010 11:33am
Not that anybody is advocating the use of firearms against scallies. These comments are meant in an obviously jokey manner we don't need another twitter joke trial to happen on Wikki wink
Posted By: LisaW Re: Bidston Lighthouse FOR SALE! ------- £150,000 - 12th Nov 2010 1:04pm
How many forum members are there?

We could all chip in and buy it learn
This would be a better buy!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding....sale/article-1856180-detail/article.html
Posted By: TheDr Re: Bidston Lighthouse FOR SALE! ------- £150,000 - 14th Nov 2010 6:49pm
Originally Posted by tigertiger1953

REALLY ?

You do realise that it means you'd have to live in 'ull smile
Yes sorry see what you mean. I was looking at the building not the populace.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral