Forums
Posted By: inflatablebone St Andrews school Bebington - 27th Feb 2010 8:46pm
Some photo's of the old school in Green Lane ,demoished circa 1974

Attached picture main_gate_2.jpg
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 27th Feb 2010 8:50pm
One from the Library (old school building)

Attached picture school_from_library3.jpg
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 27th Feb 2010 8:52pm
one from Tudorville Road

Attached picture school_from_tudorville_road.jpg
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 27th Feb 2010 8:52pm
happy days...
Posted By: HazelF Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 28th Feb 2010 1:14am
I remember it well. I was there during the war until I was 10 when we moved to Bromborough.

There was a big pile of coke in the playground and horrible lavatories you had to go through the cold and rain to get to in the winter.

I remember big fires to warm up the infants' classroom, with milk bottles warming on them in the winter.

And an air raid shelter just down the little lane which we were all taken to in a practice visit. I cried and said I wouldn't go in without my mummy!
Posted By: Jacqueline Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 19th Jun 2010 10:43pm
I have happy memories of attending this school. I remember the old coke pile and classmates being in trouble for playing upon it. I well remember my classmate's renditions of Herbert the Loch Ness monster's antics. If anyone can put me in touch with John Lonegan, Jackie Philpotts or any other members of my class ~ years 1955 to 1962 ~ please do reply.
Jacqueline
Posted By: Capt_America Re: St Andrews school Bebington - 20th Jun 2010 10:08pm
Welcome to the machine Jaqueline.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral